Contacts & COMMENTS
- WHAT CLIENTS WANT TO BE. // Practical Accountant;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p12
The article provides guidelines on financial planning, business consulting, and accounting services in the form of questionnaires.
- Tony Wickenden: GAAR guidance gives some certainty. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);5/23/2013, p63
The article presents the author's views on guidance notes for the General Anti Abuse Rule (GAAR) in Great Britain. The author states that guidance notes that is the centre ground for tax planning should be unaffected. According to the author, the Section D of the guidance are very helpful and...
- Can We Talk? Katz, Deena // Financial Planning;Dec2009, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p35
The article presents guidelines in conversing with emotional clients and a four-step process for conversation. Guidelines include not pretending that it did not happen, be cautious and no comparison of one's client's tragedy with others. Several steps include designing the scope and parameters...
- No time to APE integrity. Holman, Greg // Money Management;10/4/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p14
The article discusses a proposed standard APES 230 which has been released by the Australian Accounting Professional and Ethical Standards Board (APESB). It states that APES 230 provide guidelines to investment advisors regarding their financial planning advice. It further informs that the...
- FPA releases SOA guide. Egan, Liam // Money Management;12/2/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
The article reports that Financial Planning Association (FPA) has released a practical guide on constructing Statements of Advice (SOAs) to its members in a bid to minimize the administrative burden on advisers. Chief executive Kerrie Kelly said the guide was developed in response to FPA member...
- Advisers praise 12-page SOA. Kelly, Ross // Money Management;9/8/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the support of the financial planning industry to the corporate regulator's new 12-page example statement of advice in Australia. Recognition of the SOA as a step forward in the battle against unwieldy disclosure requirements for advisers; Usefulness of the document in addressing...
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p23
This article recalls that in 1992 the Journal of Financial Planning carried articles on developing investment policy statements for qualified plans, planning strategies using the Chapter 14 estate freeze and guidelines for rebalancing passive investment portfolios.
- Carpe Datum (Seize the Data: Part I). McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p48
Provides tips on how to manage information technology effectively given the constraints facing a firm in the financial planning sector. Internal information needed to run the business; Business management tools; Purpose on marketing.
- Keep the watchdog at bay. McKenna, Ian // Money Marketing;12/9/2004, p38
In this article the author presents his view on the responsibilities of executives in the financial industry. According to him all executives have to be responsible for their actions in life. He remarks that two related groups appear to have the ability to make irresponsible decisions without...