- Bonfire of bonds is a puzzle for some. Hirst, Thomas // Fund Strategy;5/31/2010, p30
The article discusses the performance of the Adviser Fund Index (AFI) Balanced portfolio in Great Britain and Europe. It states that the geographical allocations to Great Britain and Europe dropped in the Balanced portfolio. It lists the top five AFI Balanced portfolio chosen by AFI panellist,...
- fUND MANAGER DIARY. Bowie, Chris // Fund Strategy;1/15/2007, p30
The article presents a glimpse of the day-to-day activities of a fund manager in Great Britain from January 1 to 7, 2007. Strong winds slightly damaged his house and he settled for a steak pie and a movie with the children to celebrate the New Year. On Tuesday, he tried to catch up with the...
- Why diversifying may not accomplish what you think. Gilreath, Dave // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p40
The article explains why portfolio diversification may not accomplish what investors believe it can do. It is pointed out that U.S. stocks, emerging market equities, European and Asian stocks, industrial commodities, gold, major foreign currencies and T-bills are becoming more and more...
- The New, New Economy. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p72
The article discusses issues concerning diversification, globalization and minimizing expenses, and their impact on financial managers. It is noted that asset allocators have added alternatives to the portfolio mix, including commodities, real estate, perhaps currency. According to Dennis...
- PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT IN SELECTED COMPANINES IN INDIA. Kumar, B. Sudheer; Malyadri, G. // International Journal of Exclusive Management Research;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p1
Portfolio management can be defined and used in many ways, because the basic meaning of the word is "combination of the various things keeping intact". So I considered and evaluated this from the perspective of the investment part in the securities segment. From the investor point of view this...
- The Unified Theory. Sisk, Michael // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p32
Discusses the evolution of unified managed accounts (UMA) in the banking industry in the U.S. Concept of UMA; Advantages of UMA over traditional funds; Suitability of UMA for the baby boom generation.
- History instills valuable investment lessons, morals. Corbin, David; Villegas, Melissa // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p34
Offers tips on managing investments. Need to let the buyer always set the initial price; Supremacy of markets over one individual or a firm; Difficulty of changing an established market system.
- Watch on your shares. Bekiaris, Maria // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2003, p74
Focuses on the importance of reviewing the performance of personal investment portfolios. Types of investors; Approaches to investment strategies; Advice in reviewing the investment portfolio.
- Internal Regret in On-Line Portfolio Selection. Gilles Stoltz; Gbor Lugosi // Machine Learning;May2005, Vol. 59 Issue 1/2, p125
Abstract This paper extends the game-theoretic notion of internal regret to the case of on-line potfolio selection problems. New sequential investment strategies are designed to minimize the cumulative internal regret for all possible market behaviors. Some of the introduced strategies, apart...