Illinois attorney general gets additional month for park deal inquiry
- Probe of two Chicago firms' role in 1992 deal may be nearing end. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p36
Reports on the nearing conclusion of an investigation by the Illinois Attorney General's Office of underwriter Banc One Capital Markets Inc. and bond counsel Chapman and Cutler for their roles in a 1992 bond issue for a suburban park district in Chicago. Charging of Dixmoor Park District...
- Illinois prosecutors considering lawsuit against two firms. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p36
Reports that Illinois prosecutors are considering filing lawsuits against Banc One Capital Markets Inc. and Chapman and Cutler. Banc One Capital's role in a bond deal for a now-dissolved suburban park district; Attempt of bond counsel Chapman and Cutler to settle the case.
- Banc One offers settlement in Illinois Park District case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/31/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30716, p1
Reports on the settlement offer of Banc One Capital Markets Inc. for a civil litigation with Illinois' Dixmoor Park District. Firm's role as underwriter on bond deals for the park district; Public hearing on the matter; Civil charges; Alleged violations of Chapman and Cutler, district's bond...
- Illinois Attorney General may hire bond lawyer to aid in probe. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p24
Reports that investigators for the Illinois attorney general may hire a local bond attorney to advise him in their probe of whether Bank One Capital Corp. and Chapman and Cutler should face any legal action.
- Judge delays probe of two firms in wake of suburban Chicago deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p32
Reports that a Cook County circuit court judge in Illinois gave the state attorney general's office a 60-day extension to work on its review of the Dixmoor Park District's bond sale held in 1992. Involvement in the probe of the deal's underwriter, Bank One Capital Corp. and its bond counsel,...
- Dixmoor saga creeps ahead, but sides say deal is not yet close. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30776, p7
Reports on the negotiations between the Illinois attorney general's office and representatives of Chapman & Cutler on ways to penalize the bond counsel firm for its role in bond deals on behalf of the defunct Dixmoor Park District.
- Chapman Settles Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30905, p1
Reports that bond counsel Chapman and Cutler is settling to avoid a civil lawsuit by the Illinois attorney general's office for its work on the now-defunct Dixmoor Park District's bond deals. Settlement agreement presented to a Cook County circuit court judge; Reversal in Chapman's previous...
- Prosecutors Near End of Dixmoor Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30881, p2
Reports on the possible cash payment for Chapman & Cutler's role as bond counsel on bond deals for Dixmoor Park District in Chicago, Illinois. Tolling agreement of the state.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;9/30/2015, p1
Statistics are given regarding the results of the sales of negotiated bonds for several law firms including Chapman and Cutler LLP, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP, and Dorsey and Whitney LLP.