Bear Stearns' offers deal to AHERF creditors: Five cents on the dollar
- AHERF, creditors reach settlement. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;04/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the settlement reached by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation with creditors of its operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Purpose of the deal; Written statement from Charles O'Brien Jr., president and chief executive officer of West Penn Hospital; Limitation of...
- AHERF vs. AHERF. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p22
Reports that a group of Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's (AHERF) own hospitals has joined the line of creditors seeking financial compensation from the health system. Return of Anthony Sanzo as president and chief executive officer of Allegheny University Hospitals-West;...
- Message from the President. Stern, Gary H. // Region (10453369);Mar2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p2
The author expresses his full support for the extraordinary steps taken by the U.S. Federal Reserve in response to the collapse of Bear Stearns in March 2008. Federal Reserve officials are stated to have testified that the firms bankruptcy could place significant doubt about the viability of...
- Loan Data Prompt JPM-Bear Deal Query. Adler, Joe // American Banker;4/8/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 67, p20
This article reports that advocacy group Inner City Press/Fair Finance Watch criticized the lending industry about data revealing that higher-cost loans are being made to predominantly minority borrowers. The group noted that JPMorgan Chase & Co. makes high-cost loans to African-American and...
- System slashes jobs, pay. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;10/20/97, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p2
Focuses on Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation which slashed management salaries at its 10 Philadelphia area hospitals. Financial information on AHERF; Reason for the layoffs; Comments from AHERF president and chief executive officer Sherif S. Abdelhak.
- Doc practices draining AHERF. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p12
Offers a look at rating of hospitals which are owned by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Details on downgraded bonds for AHERF, by Standard and Poor, a New York based rating agency; Information on negative cash flow by the hospitals.
- Ridge rejects state bailout of AHERF hospitals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30436, p3
Discloses that Pennsylvania state officials will not bail out the financially troubled Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Plan to accelerate state and city payments to the hospital system.
- Allegheny Health. // Communications News;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p71
Reports on Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's work on a project to identify, develop and implement ATM-based health care applications.
- Who is an Employer Under WARN in the Arena of Creditor-Debtor Relationships? Rizzo, C. Maxwell // DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p83
The article discusses the issue of determining the employer in a creditor-debtor relationship under the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) in the U.S. WARN requires employers to issue written notification of plant shutdowns or mass layoffs sixty days in advance in order to...