Fitch report: Boston economy still positive
- Boston's Many Strengths Make City Magnet for Retail. // MMR;6/20/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p41
The article focuses on the positive economic performance of Boston, Massachusetts. It notes that city's 617,594 total populations represent 9.4% of the total population of the state that makes Boston the 20th largest city in the country. It states that the city's educational sector has bolstered...
- Game On: A game cluster gains momentum in Greater Boston. McCurry, John W. // Site Selection;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p725
The article reports on the development of the game and entertainment software industries in Boston, Massachusetts. According to Scott Triola of the Blue Fang Games, the state offers opportunities for business growth and its good infrastructure makes it relative to interactive games. Jeff...
- The new agora. // Regional Review;Fall91, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on economic conditions in Boston, Massachusetts. Change in the physical shape of the city; Loss of old-line base manufacturing industries; Eminence in diversified services; Percentage of jobs in information and high-skill services.
- Daytime demos. Levine, Melvin F. // Marketing Tools;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p18
Describes models for evaluating the retail structure and the employment structure of urban neighborhoods that were evolved in the process of adjusting zoning maps and zoning regulations in Boston, Massachusetts. Nighttime and daytime demographics; Changes on purchasing power and retail...
- The New England-Latin American connection. Wallace, David // World Trade;Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p22
Deals with trade relation of Boston, Massachusetts with Latin America. Status of the partnership with South America and Asia; Increase of Massachusetts' exports to Brazil in 1996; Stationery exports to Argentina.
- It's the Boston IT party, as Internet firms flourish. Watts, Tim // BRW;11/26/99, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p58
Focuses on the Internet industry in Boston, Massachusetts, as of November 26, 1999. Increase in number of Internet companies; Factors affecting the growth of the market; Role played by the universities' technology research centers in the growth of the market. INSET: New kids on the Boston block..
- Boston's Mayor Menino Trumpets City's Accomplishments. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p4
Reports that Boston, Massachusetts, Mayor Thomas H. Menino has lauded the social and economic progress accomplished by his city. Recovery from the recession of the early 1990s; Creation of new jobs; Decline in unemployment rate; Construction of new office space; Moody's upgrading of the city's...
- Mayor calls Boston an urban success story. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p6
Reports on Boston, Massachusetts Mayor Thomas Menino's report on the economic growth of the city. Announcement of the progress of the construction of a convention center; Financing of the project through bond issues; City government's focus on the needs of the neighborhoods; Investment in...
- BOSTON'S CHANGING CLIMATE. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Feb2008, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p40
The article discusses the implications of the changing business climate in Boston, Massachusetts. According to the author, the city enjoy a strong business climate if its business condition is having a good performance, however, if its economic slows down the pain will be felt right way in the...