Underwriter backs out of Houston deal
- Morgan Keegan Vows to Appeal Jury's $20 Million Verdict. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p4
Reports the plans of Morgan Keegan & Co, to appeal the jury for a 20 million verdict in Oklahoma. Misrepresentation of facts on the sale of housing bond deals; Names of the plaintiffs; Amount of the housing bonds sold.
- Trader says 1992 yield quoute suggested E. Baton Rouge bonds were noncallable. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
States that Morgan Keegan and Company listed $25,000 of the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mortgage Finance Authority bonds it refunded in 1989 and also offered the bonds to yield 4% as if the were noncallable in an inventory list sent to other dealers in June 1992. Reference to a letter sent by...
- Tampa Selling $20M of Taxables for Workers' Comp. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33632, p3
The article reports that the city of Tampa in Florida through Morgan Keegan & Co. Inc. has marketed 20 million dollars of taxable bonds for up-front settlements of future worker's compensation claims.
- Shelby County, Tenn., Refunding $408M; S&P Cites Stability. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p40
Reports on the sale of multimillion refunding bonds in Shelby County, Tennessee. Total value of the refunding bonds; Selection of Morgan Keegan & Co. as the underwriter for the deal; Proceeds of the sale.
- MK Denies Moberly Misdeeds. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;5/9/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33909, p1
The article reports that the independent full-service wealth management and capital market firm Morgan Keegan & Co. has refused any wrongdoing and opposed the charge of securities fraud filed by Jason Kander, Secretary of Missouri. It mentions that the firm has rejected all the claims related to...
- Big Deal for Alabama's Biggest City. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32529, p1
The article reports that Birmingham, the biggest city in Alabama has sold $173 million of refunding bonds and new-money warrants in a deal that featured an additional advance refunding authorized by the Congress on December 14, 2006. It has the termination of a 13-year-old interest rate swap. In...
- Morgan Keegan vs. G-37. Sanders, Lisa; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p1
Reports on Morgan Keegan & Co.'s alleged violation of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-27 by co-managing negotiated bond sales issued by the city of Houston, Texas. Charges on the contribution of Morgan employee Shannon Kelley to a city council candidate; Regulation of...
- Texas School Deal Finds Buyer in Extended Offering Period. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p3
Focuses on the decision of Morgan Keegan & Co. to purchase general obligation bonds to finance a charter school in Westlake, Texas. Difficulty in getting deal insurance; Expected bond yields for 2006 and 2032; Views of Morgan Keegan managing director Jerry Chapman on the purchase deal.
- Market review. McKenna, Jon; Kruger, Daniel; Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30271, p3A
Presents information on the long-term bond issuance during the third quarter of 1997. Role played by refunding on the long-term bond issuance for the quarter; Statistical information about the bond issuance; Ranking of underwriter Morgan, Keegan, and Company, financial advisory companies, bond...