S&P pegs municipal market veteran as executive VP, chief rating officer
- A decade lost? Not so fast. STOVALL, SAM // Equities;Winter2009, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p9
An interview with Standard & Poor's (S&P) Equity Research chief investment strategist Sam Stovall is presented. When asked about the industries that have been outperforming the market, he refers to consumer staples, health care and information technology. Stovall focuses on the importance of...
- Worldly wise. HELY, SUSAN // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2014, Issue 169, p62
The article reports developments in the global exchange traded fund (ETF) market as of July 2014. It claims that Australian investors invested 484 million dollars in ETFs in the U.S., Europe and Asia during the year. It explains the various tax treatments on dividends paid by global ETFs in...
- THE YEAR OF HO-HUM PROFITS? // Financial Executive;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p10
The article mentions the outlook for the U.S. insurance industry, according to Standard & Poor's analyst Matthew T. Coyle. The property/casualty insurance business is expected to be about average in 1996 because there is serious competition in the industry and asbestos and environmental...
- Der Notengeber. Dowen, Jonas // Die Bank;dec2011, Issue 12, p86
The article announces the appointment of Douglas Peterson as new chairman of the rating agency Standard & Poor's. In addition to Peterson's promotion, his previous career, and his qualifications, the importance and implications of rating agencies in light of the financial crisis are addressed.
- S&P's Tillman Wins Promotion. Hahn, Tamar // Private Placement Letter;05/10/99, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the appointment of Vickie Tillman as vice-president and chief rating officer of the Standard & Poor's Ratings Group. Previous executive positions in the company; Education.
- Untitled. // National Mortgage News;9/9/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p1
The article announces appointments of several top financial executives in mortgage industry including Patricia Cox at Right Start Mortgage, Carolyn Downey at Armour Residential REIT Inc. and Vickie Tillman at Morningstar Inc.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners Extends Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC Designation to All Structured Finance. // Insurance Broadcasting;6/30/2014, p1
The article reports on the designation extension amendment of credit ratings, operations risk assessments provider Morningstar Credit Ratings LLC on the U.S. National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Credit Rating Provider (CRP) list for all mortgage-backed securities (MBS) and...
- STOCKBROKERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p74
A list of the top stockbrokers in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of licensed stock brokers is presented, including The Wealth Management Group, Morgan Stanley and The Wealth Consulting Group.
- Kids,Money & Brokers: When young people learn about the financial markets, brokers can earn dividends. Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on the role of stockbrokers in the U.S. in bringing economic literacy to children, parents and teachers. Business that such efforts bring in to brokers; Money raised by financial consultant Duane Simpfenderfer for youth sports; Efforts of Susan Mosely to get parents interested in saving...