Low-income housing reaps rewards of REIT market's bust
- Stuck in the middle. Adler, Jane // Crain's Chicago Business;10/19/98, Vol. 21 Issue 42, pSR1
Focuses on real estate investment trusts' reexamination of their business strategies in the United States. Impact of the downturn in financial markets on their stock prices; Tenants' fear of increasing rents; Possible problem in the maintenance and improvement of the properties.
- REIT Stocks Still Smarting from '98 Crisis. HOCHSTEIN, MARC // American Banker;9/29/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 187, p7
Focuses on the sluggish growth of stock prices of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States for September 1999 due to the REIT crisis in 1998. Total return of the top 26 mortgage REIT stocks; Indications of previous liquidity crisis among the REIT.
- Stock correction alters REITs' position in property markets. Downs, Anthony // National Real Estate Investor;Oct98, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the implications of the correction in United States stock prices on the position of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in property markets in the country. Composite prices of major REIT shares as of September 10, 1998; Factors affecting the changes in the stock market; Buying...
- AmeriVest Prices New Stock Offer. // National Mortgage News;6/23/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p17
Reports that real estate investment trust AmeriVest Properties Inc. has priced an offering of common shares in the United States.
- REIT Pulse. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2001, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p26
Presents a ranking of the top 50 real estate investment trusts by equity market capitalization in the United States as of December 13, 2000. Property focus; Stock price; Implied market capitalization.
- SEGRO hit as largest tenant folds. // Estates Gazette;7/21/2012, Issue 1229, p33
The article reports on the developments in the operation of the industrial Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), SEGRO, including a seven pence (p) decline in its share price in late July 2012 after its biggest tenant, German internet retailer Neckerman filed for insolvency.
- After the bell. // Hotel & Motel Management;04/19/99, Vol. 214 Issue 7, p18
Provides information on the stock market performances of lodging C-Corporations and real estates investment trusts in the United States, as of March 23, 1999. Includes Dow Jones industrial average; S&P 500 index; PwC Cap-weighted indices.
- C-Corp, REIT stocks down despite increase in activity. Hanson, Bjorn // Hotel & Motel Management;01/10/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the stock prices of hotel and motel companies in the United States for the week of January 10, 2000. Includes the decline of real estate investment trust (REIT) stocks; Decrease of the C-Corporation index; Highest gainers and losers.
- REITs have become attractive again, and it isn't just the `Buffet bounce'. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;3/6/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p44
Reports the attraction of real estate investment trust (REIT) to pension funds in the United States. Comparison of the stock price of REIT in Wall Street and Main Street markets; Role of investor Warren Buffet in the REIT prices; Manipulation of the low REIT prices by pension funds; Interest of...