PaineWebber expands staffing to lure retail
- UBS PaineWebber Says 'Help Wanted' Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the additional number of high-producing brokers that UBS PaineWebber intends to add in 2003. Compensation UBS planned for the incoming representatives.
- Wells and UBS PaineWebber JV: Teaching Borrowers The Street's Ways. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/22/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p5
Focuses on the sophistication of strategies for mortgage market of the Wall Street in the U.S. Status of the security loans; Joint ventures between Wells Fargo & Co. and UBS Paine Webber Inc. for mortgage transactions; Combination of skills of the executives of both companies; Outsourcing of...
- Paine, Salomon Weakly Embrace Online Trading. Chapelle, Tony; Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p13
Reports that PaineWebber and Salomon Smith Barney will be offering their versions of Internet trading. Tentative schedule online trading by Solomon Smith Barney; Why Paine is much less pressured than many of its competitors; Pru Advisor plan from Prudential.
- Trading hurts earnings. // Crain's New York Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p86
Reports on the financial performance of Merrill Lynch & Co., Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette Inc. (DLJ), and Paine Webber Group for the third quarter of 1998. Decrease in trading profits; Total loss posted by Merrill Lynch; Decline in the net income of DLJ; Decrease in Bear Stearns Cos.' profits...
- Four of Five Big Underwriters Hold Position in YTD Rankings. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30987, p34
Discusses the market share rankings of securities firms in the United States, in terms of municipal bond underwriting in 2000. Value of underwriting deals completed; Decline in refundings; Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Goldman Sachs & Co.; Morgan Stanley Dean...
- Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
This article focuses on the trends followed in the securities industry in the U.S. on April 14, 2003. Municipal bond yields were quoted one or two basis points higher in trading while underwriters held a retail order period on $ 300 million Connecticut general obligation bonds.In the new-issue...
- UBS PaineWebber Boosts Reinvest Unit. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p35
Reports that United States-based UBS PaineWebber Inc.'s municipal securities group has hired Gary Heinz to become vice president of its derivatives/reinvest unit. Intended purpose for the company's decision to hire the executive.
- Thank You, PaineWebber. // Business News New Jersey;04/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p2
Reports that in 1999, Paine Webber signed a long-term lease with the Lefrak Organization for space in an office building being built.
- PaineWebber agrees to pay millions in civil penalties. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p14
Reports on Paine Webber Inc.'s decision to settle the allegations of fraud and employee misconduct. Amounts Paine Webber agreed to pay to investors, to the Securities and Exchange Commission and to New York state; Reaction of Andrew Kandel, bureau chief investigator with the Attorney General's...