- NEW JERSEY: Cigarette Bonds Near Junk. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p9
The article reports on the downgrade of the cigarette tax bonds in New Jersey from Baa2 to Baa3 as rated by the Moody's Investors Service.
- Muni exemptions' price tag put at $25 billion for 2000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p7
Reports that the tax exemption for the interest paid on all municipal bonds will cost the United States government an estimated $25.1 billion in fiscal year 2000, according to President Bill Clinton's fiscal year 2000 budget plan estimates. Source of most of the revenue loss; Breakdown of the...
- RESEARCH DIGEST. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p7
This article presents information about new developments related to the field of public finance in the U.S. According to a UBS Financial Services report, the rapid growth of pension and other post-employment benefit costs are likely to reduce any positive effects municipalities would have got on...
- Economist adds it up for states: Tight spending + taxes = low yields. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p3
Focuses on the results of a study showing that the most favorable general obligation yields for municipal bonds go to states that do not like to spend money but know where to get some. Average savings on yields by deficit-free states; Attitude by investors to expenditure caps; Comment by James...
- Visible supply by state. // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p29
Presents a chart reflecting state municipal bond issuance in the United States as of June 7, 1999. Includes Connecticut; Delaware; Maine; Massachusetts.
- Tennessee, Milwaukee Downgrades Unlikely to Affect Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p7
Reports on the downgrading of Tennessee and Milwaukee's ratings as of August 2000. Reasons why the two government's ratings were downgraded; Implications for the municipal bond market.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p31
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Far West as of October 20, 2000. Anchorage School District's proposed budgets in preparation for a statewide ballot initiative; Laurie Weir's appointment as California Debt Limit Allocation Committee's administrator.
- LARGEST ISSUES: January 2001. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p34
Lists the largest municipal bond issues in the United States in January 2001.
- BOND SALES BY STATE: January. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p35
Presents statistics reflecting the sale of municipal bonds by state in the United States in January 2001.