Michigan residents ask court to rule on sewer tax
- Tax us, please. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p1
Property owners in the Cedar-Lee and Cedar-Fairmount areas are working to create special improvement districts, or SIDs that would add a levy to their property taxes to generate revenue for marketing and physical improvements to their districts. John Zagara, store director at Zagara's...
- Record School Bond Passes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32474, p35
The article reports on the general obligation bond package that was approved by voters in Albuquerque Municipal School District Number 12 in New Mexico. The said bond will be increasing the property tax by 5.6 percent to support $351 million of debt. The proceeds of the bond will build four new...
- Nevada Lawmakers Propose Amendments to Rein In Taxes. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p30
The article reports on the proposed constitutional amendments, one that would further rein in property taxes and another that would require voter approval for state spending in excess of revenue in Nevada. The property tax limitations could have an impact on bond issuance. Some states however...
- Wisconsin GO Threat? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p1
Focuses on implications of Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle's signing the three-year property tax freeze bill into law. Impact of the bill on local government's ability to issue general obligation bonds; Assertion that the tax freeze runs counter to statutes which state local governments' levies is...
- UBS Report Says Maine's Tax Cap Proposal Could Burden Local Funding. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p4
Reports on the possible impact of a tax cap proposal in Maine, according to UBS Investment Research. Decline in local property tax revenue; Effect on the ability to offer general obligations bonds; Possible decline in the value of bonds. INSET: Maine GO Bond Sales.
- Texas School District Readies $80M Competitive Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p3
Reports the selling of obligation bonds in the Cypress-Fair Banks Independent school District in Texas. Acceptance of hand carried bids and bids via fax; Approval of bond authorization in the suburban housing district; Exemption of the local property taxes.
- Dallas City Council Agrees to Hike Property Taxes, Cut Services. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p34
Reports the move of the City Council to raise property taxes in Dallas, Texas. Percentage of the increase; Purpose of the initiative; Plan of the council to attain bond issue for 2003.
- Allen County, Ind., asks legislature to allow arena expansion funding. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports on the plans of Allen County, Indiana, officials to issue bonds for the expansion of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Value of the bond issue; Petitions for and against using property taxes to back the bonds; Final maturity of the bonds; Expansion plans.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p31
Reports global developments related to bonds as of October 2002. Improvement of the long-term property tax-backed warrants; Establishment of an independent school system; Realizable value of financial reserves on federal assets.