Chicago bar group committee gives nod to pay-to-play restrictions
- IBA launches global ethics guidance for lawyers. // IBA Global Insight;Aug2011, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p5
The article focuses on the publication "IBA International Principles on Conduct for the Legal Profession," a set of ethical principles for lawyers launched by the International Bar Association (IBA) in 2011.
- PRESERVE AND PROTECT. Maher, Kathleen // ABA Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Provisions of the policy; Benefits of the rules for lawyers; Impact on legal ethics.
- Ethics. Milord, Lisa L. // ABA Journal;Jan1987, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p97
Presents a quiz on the 1983 American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct. Range of issues relevant to legal ethics that were discussed by the quiz; Legal basis for the answers; Explanations on quiz answers.
- Wagon hits bump: Say no to Ill. lawyer flyers. Blodgett, Nancy // ABA Journal;May85, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the Illinois State Bar Association's ethics opinion discouraging lawyers from using Welcome Wagon worker to distribute advertising flyers in the state.
- Some fees called unethical. Presser, Arlynn Leiber // ABA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the issues raised by a letter to the American Bar Association (ABA) Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility regarding the ethics of contingent fee agreements in undisputed liabilities. Co-signatories of the letter; Settlements received by tort plaintiffs; Need for...
- Bar Issues Commission launches IBA Legal Regulators Directory. // IBA Global Insight;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the publication of an International Bar Association (IBA) Legal Regulators Directory by the IBA Bar Issues Commission (BIC).
- IT'S AN MJP WORLD. Gillers, Stephen // ABA Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p51
Talks about revisions to the American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct that allow lawyers to work outside their home jurisdictions. Details of the amendments; Ways by which the amendments protect the regulatory interests of host states.
- Panel: End Disciplinary Secrecy: Report claims antipathy for lawyers caused by closed complaint process. Hansen, Mark // ABA Journal;Aug91, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p18
Reports on controversial recommendations of a study of lawyer disciplinary systems by the American Bar Association's (ABA) special Commission on Evaluation of Disciplinary Enforcement. Need for the legal profession to open the disciplinary process to public scrutiny; Advocating an expanded...
- Just call the ethics experts. Stein, Robert A. // ABA Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p98
Features the ETHICSearch service for American Bar Association members to inform lawyers on legal ethics issues. Features of the service; Objectives of the service; Contact information.