Nonfarm payrolls up; jobless rate, too
- Non-Farm Payrolls Gain 57,000 in Sept. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p2
Reports on the economic condition in the U.S. as of Monday 2003. Unemployment rate in the country; Average rate of wages in the country; Performance of the professional and business services in the country.
- UNITED STATES ECONOMY. // South Dakota Business Review;Dec2002, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the economic condition of the U.S. as of December 2002. Percentage growth of personal income; Earnings in agricultural services, mining, transportation and public utilities; Average unemployment rate; Average sale of light-vehicles.
- Jobless rate depresses wages. Hansen, Fay // Workforce (10928332);Jul2003, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p103
Discusses the impact of the unemployment rate on wage growth in the U.S. as of July 2003. Expectation of economists on the state of unemployment; Prediction on economic growth for 2003; Salary budget increases projected for 2004.
- Jobless rate hits 24-year low, but job cuts may be on the rise. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p13
Reports on the drop in unemployment rate in the United States in October 1997. Steady growth of the nation's economy; Rise in average weekly earnings of workers; Drop in jobless rate among adult women; Contributory factors to downsizing trend in some firms.
- Jobless Rate Stayed Low, Wages Rose in December . // American Banker;1/10/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p17
Reports on statistics of a low unemployment rate in the United States. Amount of people employed during December, 1999 and average increase in hourly wages; Evidence that job growth is slowing.
- Has Structural Change Contributed to a Jobless Recovery? Groshen, Erica L.; Potter, Simon // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Aug2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Explores the contribution of the 2001 recession to employment trends in the U.S. Market signs of jobless recovery; Role of structural change; Reasons for increased structural change; Discussion on unemployment and wages.
- Job Restructuring as a Determinant of Wage Inequality and Working-Poor Households. Craypo, Charles; Cormier, David // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p21
The American economy has enjoyed low unemployment, rising mean family incomes, and modest inflation. It has also seen increasing wage inequality, stagnant median family incomes, continued deindustrialization, and the persistent existence of working-poor households. Real wages of the top...
- Business Indicators. // Fedgazette;Jan2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p23
Presents charts on the status of employment, unemployment, personal income and earnings of several states in the United States in 1998 and 1999.
- No Room Amid the Boom. Twohey, Megan // National Journal;1/29/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p315
Focuses on the increasing disparities between the rich and poor in the United States. Rate of poverty and national unemployment; Status of average real earnings; Information on the economic consequences of the growing economy.