Stores must try harder...and that was the verdict of them all
- Top advertisers increase spend. // Cabinet Maker;12/18/98, Issue 5119, p5
Presents a chart showing the increase in the advertising spendings of furniture retailers in Great Britain as of December 18, 1998.
- Sleep Council previews ads. // Cabinet Maker;01/22/99, Issue 5122, p4
Reports on the Sleep Council's preview of its advertising campaign at the `Furniture Show' in Great Britain. Furniture promoted in the campaign; Outdoor signage to be launched by the council.
- Brand & deliver. Hemsley, Steve // Cabinet Maker;09/11/98, Issue 5105, p14
Part I. Focuses on the effort of British furniture manufacturers to return to brand advertising. Achievement of better links to furniture retailers; Inclusion of direct-mail, press advertising and co-operative promotions with furniture shops; Importance for manufacturers to choose the media...
- And the winners are ... // Cabinet Maker;12/18/98, Issue 5119, p33
Reveals the winners of the 1998 Offcuts Awards of `Cabinet Maker' periodical. Most annoying advertising campaign of the year; Ironic advertising slogan; Tony Ashwell as the person who will be most missed in 1999.
- Atlanta draws buyers. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/18/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p1
Information about the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market trade show held in Atlanta, Georgia on January 6-13, 2010 is presented. The event highlighted a diverse mix of fresh colors, natural materials and custom size furniture products offered by several vendors which attracted...
- Jay-Be censors its own photoshoot. // Cabinet Maker;03/12/99, Issue 5129, p37
Reports on Jay-Be's replacement of photographs used in its bedstead advertising in Great Britain. Reasons for the move; Theme of the advertisement.
- Advertising and promotions, 2006. // Furniture/Today;9/10/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pS13
Several diagrams, related to advertising and promotions in the furniture industry and trade, are presented.
- Former furniture executive tells students, 'marketing means knowing your customer.'. // Marketing News;6/6/1975, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p8
Advises marketing graduates to understand the interests and needs of consumers according to Edward H. Lane, former vice president of furniture manufacturer Lane Furniture Co. Inc. Establishment of a sophisticated customer service function by the company; Use of mass advertising by the company...
- Can Courts enhance its shopping experience? // Marketing (00253650);11/14/2002, p17
Reports on the marketing strategies of furniture store Courts to increase its brand sale. Appointment of former London Electricity marketer Gary Tubb for the post of sales and marketing director; Advertising campaigns launched by the store to promote its brand; Market share of furniture and...