- Designer's choice. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p34
Discusses furniture designers' personal favorites among the selection of designs they have created throughout their careers. Ray Sobota; Steve Hodges; Laurel Clark; Bill de Blaay; O.B. Solie.
- New designers. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p2
Features the winners of the furniture section of the `New Designers,' an important show for young design talents in Great Britain. Themes; Presentation of the entries; Sponsors of the event; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- Furniture Fair reveals Spaniards prefer blond. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p5
Presents the Furniture Fair in Valencia. Features of the side tables; Focus on the trends in the living room design; Description of the leather upholstery and wooden dining chairs.
- Quintet vie for design prizes. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p3
Reports that five furniture designers will compete for the 2000 Oxo/Peugeot Design Awards.
- Talent spotting. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p14
Examines the product designs created by up-and-coming furniture designers who participated in the New Designers 99 show in Great Britain. Creative and lateral approach to designing furniture products; Range of materials and colors; Aesthetic and utilitarian value of the designs.
- Behind the designs. INGRAM, CINDE W. // Casual Living;Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p39
The article features profiles of designers of casual furniture in the U.S.
- IL MAESTRI. // Belle;Aug/Sep2011, p42
The article features several designers who are considered masters in their field, including Alessandro Mendini, Javier Mariscal and Franco Albini.
- DESIGNS FOR HALF-PINTS. // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Focuses on furniture designed for children by Pauline von Gaffke of Stockholm, Sweden. Inspiration for the designs; Charms added to designed furniture; Steps taken in learning furniture proportion adjustments by von Gaffke; Adaptability of designs; Variety of the designed furniture.
- Introduction. Peart, Darrell // Greene & Greene: Design Elements for the Workshop;2006, p8
An introduction to the book "Greene and Greene: Design Elements for the Workshop," by Darrell Peart is presented.
- Designers get inspiration from traveling the globe. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the importance of traveling for the furniture designers in the U.S. Derivation of furniture designs; Expansion of the product lines; Visitation of antique stores.