- Area: Akihabara. // J@pan Inc.;Nov2000, Issue 13, p82
Describes the Akihabara retail district in Tokyo, Japan. Historical background of the town; How it became famous as an electronics wholesale district; Information on its one-person electric part shops.
- Vegas retail complex scaled back. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;11/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
Reports the increase in employee recruitment and decrease in size of a retail furniture complex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Employment of real estate broker Grubb & Ellis to head leasing and marketing efforts; Reason for scaling back the project; Optimism for the complex.
- Untitled. // EuroProperty;2003, p68
Property was Norway's best-performing asset class in 2001 for the second year in succession, despite a slight fall in total returns. Norwegian property return data â€” published for the first time by IPD this year, but including a look back to 2000, showed property nearly five basis points...
- New European retail park fund. // Estates Gazette;11/30/2002, Issue 248, p40
Reports on the negotiation of Pillar Property with institutions over the proposed European retail park fund. Retail parks acquired by Pillar Property; Increase in the pretax profits of the company.
- Southwest Indiana shines. Newcomb Jr., Ken // Indiana Business Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p64
Reports regional economic developments in southwest Indiana as of April 2002. Comparison of the cost-of-living index of the region with the national average; Percentage of the occupancy rate at the Vanderburgh Industrial Park; Trend in the retail sector.
- The Collection at Chevy Chase Raises Profile. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 77, p20
This article deals with the tenants of the Collection luxury retail complex in Chevy Chase, Washington D.C. The complex has signed on four more high-profile tenants, practically completing the leasing for the soon-to-open complex. Jimmy Choo will take a 1,670-square-foot space next to Tiffany,...
- Paradise regained. // Cabinet Maker;7/21/2006, Issue 5497, p24
The article reports on the redevelopment of the Liverpool city center in England, known a Paradise Street project or Liverpool One, as a location for retail expansion. The existing streets of Liverpool are utilized to create six districts. The John Lewis chain is the anchor store. About 30...
- Struggling to find space. Harris, David // Estates Gazette;Spring2011 Supplement, p24
The article reports a drop in vacancy rates on out-of-town retail parks in Great Britain in 2011 which negatively affects new retail sector entrants. The crumbling of the bulky goods warehousing sector is cited as another challenge to retailers, following the failure of brands such as MFI and...
- First stores begin to open in second phase of The Walk. // Value Retail News;May2007, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
The article reports on the opening of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the second phase of The Walk in Atlantic City, New Jersey, which opened in February 2007. Several outlets followed including Converse and Totes/Sunglass World. Tenants which plan to open include CK Underwear,...