Vendors Fill in the Gaps for VOD Ads
- N2 Broadband gives Tandberg solid U.S. cable foothold. // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
Reports on Tandberg Television's deal to acquire N2 Broadband in a deal that will give British company Tandberg a deeply-established presence and a head start in the video-on-demand (VOD) market in the U.S. Companies with VOD relationships with N2; N2 Broadband's specialization in VOD back...
- Cable's Secret Weapon: VOD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p30
Provides information on video-on-demand (VOD) services offered by cable networks in the U.S. Estimated number of cable subscribers who will spend large amounts of money on pay products from cable in 2005 according to PricewaterhouseCoopers; Statement from Braxton Jaratt, vice president of...
- NAB Tech Sampling: Part II. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/28/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 17, p14
The article evaluates several high technology products, including the SD and HD capable broadcast editors from Quantel Inc., the RX8320 ATSC Broadcast Receiver from Tandberg Television and the Axis graphics generator software brand from the Online division of Chyron Corp.
- Cutting Edge. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p48
Presents news briefs on the IT and television broadcasting sector in the U.S. as of January 12, 2004. Launch of Discreet's Combustion 3 Macintosh visual effects and 3D compositing software; Contract awarded to Tandberg Television for Intelsat's hybrid satellite and fiber network; Introduction...
- Estonia moves to Tandberg DTT. // TVB Europe;Nov2003, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p4
Reports that Estonia-based Broadcasting Transmission Centre has selected Tandberg Television as provider of a digital terrestrial (DTT) broadcast system for the country's DTT trials commencing early in 2004.
- JORDAN TELECOM SELECTS TANDBERG FOR TV/VOD FTTH TRIPLE PLAY. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep2004, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of Jordan Telecom to choose Tandberg Television to provide a carrier-class iTTV broadband delivery platform to enable the operator to offer broadcast television (TV) and Video on Demand over (VoD) its fiber-to-the-home Integrated Multimedia Service Platform (IMSP). ...
- C-COR, Tandberg team on VOD transport. // CED;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the partnership between C-COR net Corp. and Tandberg Television to enter the video-on-demand transport sector. Terms of the agreement; C-COR's primary target for the system; Tandberg's granting of marketing and selling rights in designated markets for the EdgeMax 5500.
- Video-on-demand ads get new life. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;4/10/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 15, pS2
The article presents information on Tandberg Television's video-on-demand (VOD) advertising technology, which was launched by Comcast. The technology lets the operator insert fresh advertisements into its VOD programming, marking a huge change in the way ads can be bought and sold in VOD....
- Comcast Opens VOD Ad Floodgate. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the partnership agreement entered into by Comcast with Tandberg Television to use a technology that would insert advertising into its video-on-demand (VOD) programming in the U.S. The practice of baking advertisements has prohibited advertising opportunities in VOD...