VOD's Me-Too Numbers
- Adding Advertising in An On-Demand World. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p48
Discusses plans to put targeted advertising in video-on-demand (VOD) subscriptions. Information on the shotgun approach on advertising; Remarks from Stephen McHale, Everstream chairman and chief executive officer; Plans of nCube to demonstrate the advertisement-supported VOD platform.
- Cable TV market opening. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;8/7/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p3
The article reports that New York City officials have permitted Verizon Communications Inc. and other telephone companies to provide cable television (TV) service in New York City. Time Warner Inc. has seven of the nine existing city cable franchises. Time Warner Inc. serves 1.4 million...
- On-Demand Ads Slip Into Content's Clothing. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on the changes in television advertising in the U.S. Video-on-demand programmers are employing the art of weaving promotional messages and cable operators are trying to expand the reach of their advertisers' longer-form, on-demand showcases. Their goal is to break VOD...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- VOD Ads Growing, But Barriers Remain. Guthrie, Marisa // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p21
The article focuses on issues concerning obstacles which hinder the development of video on-demand (VOD) advertising, including on-demand space and balance on advertising load despite its growth in the cable television industry.
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- Power to the :30. Frey, Barry // Adweek;2/2/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, special section p2
This article focuses on cable television advertising. In addition to 30-second advertisement spots, cable operators are offering advertising slots during video on demand and interactive television. The author believes that the effectiveness of the 30-second slot has been diminished and that...
- Must-See Whenever You Feel Like It TV. Gunther, Marc // Fortune;5/27/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on the imminent launch of video-on-demand services by cable television network Comcast and others. Preparations made by cable companies for this market launch; Competition between cable television networks and satellite television companies; Features of video-on-demand; Potential impact...
- BC BEAT. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/4/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the television advertisement of FiOS TV service of the U.S.-based Verizon which was perceived to highlight the service's difference from cable. As some issues were raised regarding FiOS's closer similarity to cable, Verizon spokesperson explained that the advertisement is...