- Liberty to up its UK cable stake? // Televisual;Mar2002, p13
Reports the property valuation of cable provider NTL in Great Britain. Merger of the company with the media industry; Bid of the company for cable interest of Deutsche Telecom.
- Knapp is wide awake on job. Boehm, Erich // Variety;07/27/98, Vol. 371 Issue 11, p22
Features United States-based NTL cable company. Information on NTL's business transaction in United Kingdom; Background information on NTL; Contribution of Barclay Knapp, chief executive officer of NTL, on the company.
- Cabler NTL reports healthy sub count. // Daily Variety;08/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the subscriber figures of NTL Inc.
- NTL centralisation creates senior jobs but sees 40 go. Crawford, Anne-Marie // Marketing (00253650);7/15/1999, p3
Focuses on the plans of NTL, Great Britain's third largest cable operator, to centralize its marketing function. Creation of several senior positions; Elimination of 40 jobs; Plans for new advertisements to promote the different products and services available under the NTL brand.
- NTL boosts subs in fourth quarter. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/16/2001, Vol. 366 Issue 26, p153
Reports that British cable television company NTL Inc. has gained more customers in the last three months of 2000. Number of customers gained.
- Cox, TVN In Barker Deal. Haugstead, Linda // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p34
The article reports that digital cable television provider Cox Communications Inc. has signed a contract with the leading television on demand company TVN Entertainment Corp. for a customized vide-on-demand (VOD) barker channel that will be distributed across Cox's cable systems. With the new...
- Cable Television Service Providers. // Inside Tucson Business;1/14/2003 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p23
Presents a chart depicting on cable television service providers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of subscribers to the Cox Communications Inc.; Number of channels available at the Comcast Cable; Basic service rates of People's Choice TV/Sprint Broadband Direct.
- Cable customers can brace for higher rates. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;09/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on a tentative master cable television franchise agreement between Cox Communications Inc. and five Southern Nevada governments which raises the franchise fee collected by the governments. Impact on cable television customers; Terms of the agreement; Significance of the deal to the...
- Cox has new weapon in its fight against cable thieves. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p4
Reports on Cox Communications' plan to send out electronic signals designed to locate and destroy illegal chip installed in its cable boxes in the United States. Company's fight against television tamperers; Key features of the electronic chips installed in the cable boxes; Estimated losses...