On-Demand Vendor Arroyo Taps CEO
- Arroyo Gets U.S. Deployments. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
Reports on the plans of Arroyo Video Solutions' to showcase its On-Demand separate streaming and storage architecture for video-on-demand operators at the Society of Cable Television Engineers Emerging Technologies conference in Huntington Beach, California in January 2005. Features of the...
- Christmas Ski Trip. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p9
The article reports on the launching of the Ski Channel. The channel will be launched on December 25, 2008. The video-on-demand (VOD) service also has signed distribution deals with DirecTV and Verizon's FiOS that bring its subscriber base to about 15 million, according to Ski Channel founder...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p27
The article presents updates related to television broadcasting, as of January 9, 2006. Charter Communications Inc.'s system will launch Arroyo Video Solutions Inc.'s video-on-demand server technology. Motorola Inc. has introduced a new lineup of digital set-top boxes. BigBand Network has...
- New TVN CEO to Lead VOD Effort. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p27
Reports the appointment of Ian Aaron as president and chief executive officer of TVN Entertainment Corp. in the United States. Intention of transforming the company into a video-on-demand distribution server; Implications for the digital-content distribution plan; Details on TVN; Career...
- Report: Live Video Still Trumps Video-on-Demand. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/30/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p7
The article discusses Ooyala's "Q1 2012 Global Video Index" report, which tracks the viewing habits of viewers in 239 countries that found that viewers watched 53 minutes of live video per session on a connected television (TV), compared with 4.6 minutes of recorded or video-on-demand (VOD).
- TV One to Launch VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p18
Reports on the plan of African American targeted network TV One to launch a free video-on-demand (VOD) offering in January 2005. Commencement of the VOD service; Television programs to be featured in the network; Implication of the VOD system for linear channels.
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;3/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 57, p2
Reports that TVN secured a deal to ply video on-demand distribution and asset management services for MTV Networks and BET Networks in the U.S. as of March 2006.
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p40
Presents programming highlights from the subscription video-on-demand offerings of several television networks for December 2004.
- A Shift in Viewing. AULT, SUSANNE // Variety;8/28/2014, Vol. 325 Issue 3, p49
The article discusses how television (TV) audiences in the U.S. watch TV including live TV, time-shifted options, and video on demand (VOD), includes a map of the U.S. with TV watching patterns by region, and a chart of TV viewing patterns in major cities such as New York City.