GSN Doubles Down on Friday's Block
- GSN GOES 24/7 WITH INTERACTIVITY. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, Special Section p2B
Reports on the plan of GSN to launch the first 24/7 interactivity network in January 2005. Remarks from John Roberts, senior vice-president of interactive and online at GSN; Number of registered GSN interactive users, as of December 6, 2004; Types of television programs to be included.
- Game Show Buys Rights to Aussie Reality Shows. // Multichannel News;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p35
Reports the acquisition of an Australian television programs by Game Show Network company. Titles of the programs; Concept of the 'Who Dares Win' game show; Time slots of the programs.
- GSN GOES 24/7 WITH INTERACTIVITY. Stump, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p2B
Reports on the introduction of two-screen interactivity for every minute of every television show of cable television network GSN. Number of registered GSN interactive users; Number of television viewers who play GSN on-air programming every month; Information on the program "Poker Royale,"...
- Game Net pol-vaulting. Gallo, Phil // Daily Variety;8/11/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the plans of the Game Show Network to create the television program 'Who Wants to Be Governor of California? The Debating Game,' featuring five gubernatorial candidates for the 2003 recall election. Format of the show; Selection of five candidates and their campaigns; Location...
- Game net scores with 'Bucks' doc. Oei, Lili // Daily Variety;3/20/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 54, p2
Relates that the Game Show Network saw its highest numbers in its eight-year history with the premiere of the original documentary 'Big Bucks: the Press Your Luck Scandal. Strategy of the network to create game-related programming that builds into their slate of interactive gameshows.
- GSN pledged to 'Newlywed'. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/19/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 50, p8
The article reports that Game Show Network LLC (GSN) is airing the television (TV) program "The Newlywed Game." GSN is ordering 40 half-hour episodes for the program from executive producer Michael Davies. It states that the series is set to begin shooting in February 2009 in New York for a...
- GSN Learns Vocabulary Lessons. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p66
The article reports on the unveiling of the second season of GSN's "National Vocabulary Challenge." The qualification and competition process has been improved in response to lessons learned in the inaugural season. The competition was developed in 2006 by the networks, allowing high-school-aged...
- 'Lingo' to linger longer on Game Show net. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;8/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 59, p11
Reports on the continuation of the television game show 'Lingo' aired over Game Show Network. Comparatively high rating compared with other series of the Network; Gurin Co. and Dutch partner IDTV as producer of the first 20 episodes.
- Second hand of 'Blackjack' Chang, Justin // Daily Variety;11/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 22, p5
Reports that GSN has ordered a second round broadcasting of "The World Series of Blackjack," a casino-based television series in the United States. Prize money to be given by GSN over the course of the episodes; Return of Matt Vasgersian as host.