- Europeans get tough on environmental enforcement. Shanoff, Barry // World Wastes;Jan1998, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the environmental concerns among European companies. International treaty of 1992; Creation of an information exchange network for environmental inspectors; Administrative and criminal sanctions for violators.
- Pollution preventers. // New Hampshire Business Review;04/11/97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
Highlights the winners of the 1997 Governor's Award for Pollution Prevention in New Hampshire. MPB Corp.; Prime Tanning Co.; Circuit Connect Inc.; Town of Londonderry.
- Toxic problems? What problems? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p10
Reports that too many corporations are hiding environmental liabilities from their shareowners in the U.S.
- Be seen to be green. Vincent, Clare // Director;Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p60
Deals with the pressure on British businesses to protect the environment. Examples of environmental programs adopted by companies; Attacks on corporate polluters; Investments on environmental stocks; Pressure from the government; Advice for companies on how to save and protect environmental...
- Companies turning to `green' policies for a better environment. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p36
Reports on Puerto Rico-based companies' efforts to protect the environment. American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) of Puerto Rico's environmental program; Education campaign of the Puerto Rican Conservation Foundation and AT&T; Insurance company Triple S' recycling program; Coors Brewing Co.'s...
- Mpower ChaMpions. // Wisconsin Renewable Quarterly;Spring2011, p5
The article offers information on the Mpower Business ChaMpions as the first program that assures businesses go green efficiently and effectively in Wisconsin.
- How green is your firm? Timmins, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct97, Issue 7, p21
Reveals the factors which prompt British managers to take responsibility for the company's effects on the environment. Includes environmental legislation; Financial benefits; Commercial advantage; Impact of the selection of materials and modes of transportation and communication. INSET: About TLC..
- Red alert on green concerns. Hutton, Will // Management Today;Jan1995, p26
Discusses the environmental aspects of business decision-making in Great Britain. Incorporation of environmental audits, targets and cost/benefit analyses into internal measures of performance; Business and the Environment Programme; Company policies; Environmental Protection Act of 1990;...
- Editor's letter. // Financial Management;Jan2001, p3
Talks about the role of business enterprises in addressing environmental issues. Condition of business enterprises during the year 2000; Political condition of the United States during the year 2000; Why business enterprises need to address environmental issues.