Adelphia Still Losing Basic Subscribers
- Get Those Adelphia Bids In. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p2
Deals with the auction of the cable systems and subscribers owned by Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. on January 31, 2005. Advisers for the auction; Information on a joint offer made by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp.; Background on the cash flow margins of Adelphia.
- Call Waiting. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Reports on the decision of Adelphia to cancel plans to launch voice-over Internet protocol service in some markets in the U.S. by the end of 2005 leaving the responsibilities to Comcast and Time Warner.
- BIG GUYS TO SPLIT UP ADELPHIA? // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the consideration of Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to make a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. Implications of buying Adelphia for Time Warner and Comcast; Agreement of Comcast to a deal that would trim the Time Warner Cable stake; Factors complicating the auction.
- Comcast Calls on Power of the Bundle. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of Comcast Corp. An increase in revenue of 11% and 12% in cash flow has been posted by the company in the second quarter of 2006. An increase in the value of its stocks has benefited other companies such as Cablevision Systems Corp. and Time...
- BAD RECEPTION. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the joint venture between two cable companies, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. for the take over of the regional operations of bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Operations of two companies.
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p7
Presents an update on mass media in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Agreement of Time Warner and Comcast with cable operator Adelphia Communications to buy its subscribers; Promotion of Don Browne at NBC Universal; Appointment of Sally Preston at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- Adelphia Communications revises bankruptcy plan. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/30/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the joint merger of Adelphia Communications Corp. with Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Components of the bankruptcy reorganization plan of Adelphia; Amount of assets sold by Adelphia to Time Warner and Comcast; Reasons behind the business failure of Adelphia.
- Adelphia Winners Divvy Up Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p8
This article reports on the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Time Warner will gain control of the Los Angeles, Dallas and Cleveland market, while Comcast will take charge of the Florida, Minneapolis and Pittsburgh market. Control of a national...