Granath Seeks $100M 'Blank Check'
- Clinical Trials Vendor to Go Public. // Health Data Management;Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the planned acquisition of etrials Worldwide Inc. by CEA Acquisition Corp. in the U.S. in 2005. Background of CEA Acquisition; Amount to be received by etrials shareholders from the acquisition.
- Global reach? where are the economies of scale, the synergy in asset manager acquisitions? Fletcher, Geoffrey M.; Schaeffer, Paul D. // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on the prevalence of acquisition strategies for asset management firms. Reason behind the prevalence of the acquisition strategy; Issues on the consolidation of companies; Advantage of a deconsolidation for shareholders and customers.
- BUSINESS NEWS. // Construction Europe;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p5
The article offers world news briefs on companies in the construction industry including AB Volvo's 18% share acquisition of German engine specialist Deutz AG, merger plan of Fiat Industrial SpA (FI), and Chinese manufacturer Guangxi Liugong Machinery Co. Ltd.'s headquarter in Almere, Netherlands.
- Investment Grants--Progress Payments on Acquisition of Assets. // Accountancy;Aug1967, Vol. 78 Issue 888, p519
The article reports on the regulations concerning Investment Grants which may be paid in respect of progress payments on the acquisition of assets without waiting for the assets to be completed in Great Britain. The Board of Trade have announced that in view of the wide variety of contractual...
- Today's Transactions. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/23/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
This section offers news briefs relating to mergers and acquisitions, including the purchase of SM Canada assets by Steven Madden Ltd., the sale of Cortec Group and a majority stake in Neways Enterprises Inc.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY. // Orange County Business Journal;9/19/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p8
Reports developments involving the different industries in Orange County, California. Plan of Acacia Research Corp. to sell millions of its shares in its CombiMatrix unit; Acquisition of DataLogic International Inc. by CDSi Holdings Inc.; Sale of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's plant in...
- Groups team up to bid for Lafarge-Holcim assets. // Pit & Quarry;Nov2014, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the merger between Cemex, S.A. de C.V., Heidelberg Cement Northern Europe AB, Votorantim Cimientos SA, and CRH in an effort to bid on all available assets of Lafarge Corp. and Holcim US Inc.'s assets.
- The great telecoms damp squib. Anderson, Belinda // Finweek;12/6/2007, p20
The article reports that potential deals among telecommunication companies in South Africa had been called off. It notes that MTN will not buy some of Telkom's fixed line assets while Vodafone will not take control of its Vodacom. Telkom is cited to square one in terms of its options regarding a...
- Veteran Granath leaves ABC world stage. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p33
Announces that Herb Granath, senior vice president of ABC is leaving his reins of the international operations of Walt Disney and ABC to Etienne de Villiers. Background information on Granath; What are Granath's future plans; Comments from Granath.