Coming of age
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;May99, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p218
Presents information on the seasonal adjustments estimates of the employment status in the United States in May 1999. Household data; Establishment data; Region and state labor force data.
- DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF HUMAN RESOURCES IN THE UPPER MIDWEST. Dugan, Dennis J. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Spring69, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p48
Analyzes interactions and relationships between the education sector and manpower sector of the Upper Midwest economy. Functional relationship between the willingness to purchase educational services and the price of education; Correlation between the demand for education and the supply of...
- Manpower Needs in 1975. Stambler, Howard // Monthly Labor Review;Apr65, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p378
Part II. Presents detailed projections of manpower needs in the U.S. in 1975. Occupational patterns; Replacement needs; Professional, technical and kindred workers; Managers, officials and proprietors; Clerical workers; Sales workers; Craftsmen, foremen and kindred workers; Operatives and...
- A Model for the Prediction of Manpower Requirements. Crossman, E.R.F.W. // Monthly Labor Review;Jun65, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p669
Presents excerpts from an address delivered in Washington, in April 1965, as of a series of Seminars on Manpower Policy and Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Manpower, Automation and Training, focused on a model for the prediction of manpower requirements in the...
- Manpower Projections: Some Conceptual Problems and Research Needs. Swerdloff, Sol // Monthly Labor Review;Feb66, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p138
Elaborates on the adequacy, reliability and usefulness of manpower projections in the U.S. Purposes of manpower projections; Problems and shortcomings involved in projecting manpower requirements; Inclusion of estimates of the future attrition from the present labor supply.
- What is causing our labour pains? // Filipino Post;3/11/2010, p9
The article discusses the shortage of good labor workforce which is the major challenge the business sector faces.
- Manpower reports weaker hiring locally than nationally. Gurliacci, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/28/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p4
Reports decline in manpower hiring in Connecticut. Assessment of employment in Fairfield County; Response of local employers; Unwillingness of companies to give local figures.
- The Contingent Workforce: Challenges and New Directions. Allan, Peter // American Business Review;Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p103
Discusses eight major forces and trends that suggest that the contingent workforce will remain an important part of modern economies. Global interdependence of economies; Increasing flexibility in European work rules; Intensifying competitive pressures.
- QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE REDISTRIBUTION OF LABOR RESOURCES. Maikov, A. // Problems of Economics;May69, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p33
Deals with the process of redistributing labor resources. Description of the productivity of social labor as an underlying factor in the release of manpower; Information on the rational utilization of manpower resources; Responsibilities of state committees for utilization of labor resources in...