...3bn cost of drug abuse
- "What's Mine is Mine and What's Yours is Mine". Maurer, Tracie Johnson // Atlanta Tribune;May2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p21
The author discusses how employers can effectively prevent employee theft. Topics explored include the prevalence of business thefts, annual business losses associated with theft, and factors that tend to trigger theft including substance abuse, salary reduction, and response to demotion. Also...
- How to recognize substance abuse in the workplace. Keleman, Deanna // Supervision;Sep95, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p3
Presents tips on how to recognize substance abuse among employees in the United States. Need for supervisors to be concerned; Recognizing impairment due to substance abuse; Stages of addiction; Responding to addiction.
- Drug-free workplace. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p68
Features the catalog released by the Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace to help employees and employers understand drug testing laws and liability. Titles contained in the catalog; Contact information.
- Programs help curb costs of employee substance abuse. Strum, Edina // Inside Tucson Business;08/18/97, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p7B
Describes the role of employers in the United States in promoting a drug-free workplace under an employee assistance program (EAP). Alcohol and drug treatment services implemented by Cottonwood de Tucson; Aggressive approach to drugs in the workplace as the focus of the assistance project;...
- Despite knowledge of addictions co-workers stay mum, study shows. // Alcoholism Report;Nov96, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p3
Presents results of a survey regarding the attitudes of employees on substance abuse in the United States. Lack of action against officemates with substance use; Impact of drinking on performance.
- Straightening out your bottom line. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;10/1/94, Vol. 180 Issue 7, p67
Recommends ways of detecting, controlling and preventing substance abuse in a company. Economic cost of lax policies to United States businesses. INSETS: Look before you leap.;Resources..
- Seminar addresses workplace drug abuse. O'Sullivan, Jeannie // Inside Tucson Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p12
Reports that Tucson-based nonprofit association Drugs Don't Work In Arizona will teach small business owners on how to achieve increase productivity, curb absenteeism and keep workers safe by eliminating substance abuse in the workplace on March 3, 2000. Group's liaison with the Arizona Small...
- State drug testing laws. Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Mar95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p118
Reports on the Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace's publication of its `Guide to State Drug Testing Laws.' Ranking of states based on statutory requirements affecting applicant and employee drug testing; Criteria used in ranking states; Estimated annual drug abuse costs.
- Zero tolerance is required of workers' substance abuse. Schmitt, Joseph // Contractor Magazine;May97, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p16
Condemns substance abuse among employees of contracting firms. Pre-employment drug testing; Approved and dependable program for continuing random testing; Family doctor as perpetrator of substance abuse; Effects of employee substance abuse on the business.