Asian Net Arrives in D.C
- 'Pompeii' to erupt but without Polanski. Guider, Elizabeth // Hollywood Reporter;4/12/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that a movie project about Pompeii is redone as a miniseries. The mini series is done by a partnership that includes Sony Pictures Television Inc., Scott Free and German producer Tandem. The distribution rights, casting and broadcast of the series are not clear. The mini...
- Sony Pictures opens vault to 12 canters. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/12/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Sony Pictures Television (Company) will pocket more than $70 million from the sale of dozens of its theatrical movies, both recent titles and library product, to 12 cable networks. Five of the networks that ponied up for the movies are owned by NBC Universal: USA, Sci...
- Comcast, Court TV Violated Caption Rules. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the violation of caption rule for television programming by Comcast Corp. and cable television network Court TV in the United States. Failure of the companies to provide closed-captioned programming for the hearing impaired; Need for Comcast to ensure federal compliance.
- Every Living Room a Nabe. // Time;6/23/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 25, p61
The article reports on the development of television (TV) shows and networks in the U.S. It outlines that most pictures seen on TV before 1961 were made during or prior to World War II. It notes that the networks in 1967 buy motion pictures at a higher price and compete more with the...
- EDGY CONTENT LURES AUDS. Friedman, Wayne // Daily Variety;5/4/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 20, pA1
Information about several papers discussed during a meeting involving television networks on program management in the U.S. in 2009 is presented. Topics highlight the concepts and efforts of various TV networks to improve and to boast its program concepts, starts and showrunners, instead of...
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p58
The article announces several appointments and promotions given to executives including Rich Ruggiero as vice president of communications and public affairs at Comcast, James Brown as senior vice president of ESPN and Sean Carey as senior executive vice president at Sony Pictures Television.
- Comcast, Sony Hatch Horror Net. Lafayette, Jon; Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p8
The article focuses on the new horror network that will feature horror motion pictures and spooky television programs owned by Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and Comcast to be introduced in Atlanta, Georgia on April 10, 2006. The decision of Comcast to launch the channel is discussed. Diane...
- CRACKLE EXPANDS IN LATIN AMERICA. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/23/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the expansion of Crackle, Sony Pictures Television's free, advertisement-supported video network, to 17 Latin American countries.
- SONY TV SEZ HOLA TO SPANISH NET. // Daily Variety;7/20/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 14, p4
The article reports that Sony Pictures Television Inc. will launch the television channel Cine Sony Television, which is the first Spanish-language entertainment channel in the U.S.