Women in management double but IT lags behind
- Vive La Technologie. Head, Beverley; Phillips, Brandon // BRW;07/30/99, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p20
Discusses the portion of women in information technology (IT) positions in Australia as of July 1999. The appointment of Carly Fiorina to the position of president and chief executive of Hewlett-Packard; Why the press concentrated on her gender rather than her qualifications; Statistics on the...
- Listen to--and learn from--the other half. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;06/09/97, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p144
Opinion. Discusses the role of women executives in the computer industry. The reason for a high turnover rate in the area of information technology; The need for companies to cultivate loyalty among its women employees; What would help companies.
- Female IT professionals cope in a male-dominated industry. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p7
Reports on the success of female information technology (IT) professionals in the male-dominated industry. Challenges for women IT executives; Gender bias in some countries; Need for women to be self-critical about management failures.
- Welcome to the girls club. Cohen, Sacha // InfoWorld;04/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p55
Focuses on women in the information technology (IT) industry in the United States. How Monique Boea founded the African-American Women in Technology; Objective of the World Women in Technology, a group of region-focused e-mail lists for women in IT; Why women have an advantage over men when it...
- Despite some successes, women still face obstacles in reaching the IT heights. Prencipe, Loretta W. // InfoWorld;04/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p62
Focuses on the results of an online survey of members of Worldwide Women in Technology in 2001. Percentage of women who are satisfied with their jobs in the New Economy; Percentage of those who revealed difficulties of discrimination and stress; Issues facing women in the information technology...
- How aspiring female tech stars can succeed. Fisher, Anne // Fortune.com;12/2/2013, p1
The article presents an answer to the question of how a woman can gain an job at a large technology company and succeed in the information technology (IT) industry as of December 2013, and includes suggestions such as building a strong network and finding a female role model within one's company.
- WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN IT LEADERS? D'Agostino, Debra // CIO Insight;Oct2003, Issue 31, p76
Delves into the reduction of women information technology (IT) leaders in the U.S. Reasons for the reduction of women IT leaders; Views of leading women executives regarding the matter; Strategies employed to encourage more women to leadership positions.
- CLOSING THE STEM GENDER GAP. // PM Network;Dec2014, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p49
The article reports about the initiatives from several organizations on attracting the interest of females for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) such as Google, Girl Geek Academy, and the European Union (EU).
- Let's blast past the 'Silicon Ceiling'. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p6
Comments on different issues and concerns relevant to the business sector of Cleveland, Ohio. Prospects for women executives in the information technology sector; Use of golf courses and the sport of golf as a powerful business tool.