Tonight's Game: A Tripleheader
- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- NFL kicks one through the uprights. Learmonth, Michael; McClintock, Pamela; Adalian, Josef // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the deal between the U.S. National Football League and cable television network ESPN in May 2005. Comments on the reliance of the League to the performance of television broadcasting companies; Background of the agreement between the League and NBC in 1939; Importance of the League...
- Fox Espanol gets World Series. Sporich, Brett // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/8/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on sports cable network Fox Sports World Espanol's acquisition of rights to the 2001's Major League Baseball playoffs and World Series. Proposal to produce comprehensive coverage of the playoffs; On-air graphics and audio packages.
- Cable TV: Cold. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of October 1991. Opportunity posed by the wars covered by CNN; Setback faced by ESPN in covering sporting events.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p44
Presents updates on the cable television programming industry in the U.S. as of October 2004. Decrease in earnings posted by Convergys Corp. for the year; List of the top cable companies in the country; Rights sought by XM Satellite Radio to air Major League Baseball games.
- Matching ratings to ad $$, ESPN comes out tops. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/12/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 16, ps2
This article reports that ESPN cable television network has derived more pure value per advertising impression delivered than any other U.S. programmer on television. It is difficult to isolate all the subjective factors that influence the price marketers pay to advertise on television, but the...
- September's a Blockbuster for Basic Cable. eynolds, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p22
Reports on an increase in the ratings of cable TV shows in the U.S. in September 2003. Percentage of increase in the ratings; Average rating of Turner Network Television; Number of viewers who watched sports service.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p21
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of August 2005. Additional features to Cablevision Systems Corporation's Optimum Voice product; Beneficiaries of a deal that makes Sprint the official wireless telecommunications service sponsor of the National Football League.
- NEWS OF THE MARKET. // MediaWeek;7/26/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p28
Presents news briefs on the media industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Decision of CNN to abandon the usual anchor skybox in favor of a platform on the delegation floor when it covers the July 2004 Democratic National Convention; Expansion of the programming of College Sports Television;...