More Than One Net Shift for WWE
- Channel 9's zero hour. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p3
The article states that My9, the flagship of Fox Television Stations Inc.'s new MyNetwork venture, has fallen to eighth place in the New York market, trailing even Telefutura on channel 68. MyNetwork's prime time, which consists of two hours of back-to-back serial dramas, has lost roughly...
- Viacom, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Viacom, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Oct2013, p1
The article presents a profile of Viacom Inc. Overview of the company is presented. Information on opportunities for the company from growing mobile video and social media market is provided. Information is also provided on positive trends in television advertising. Weaknesses of the company are...
- Content rating and labelling in the main Spanish televisions. Ortiz-Sobrino, M. A.; Fuente-Cobo, C.; Martínez-Otero, J. M. // Revista Latina de ComunicaciÃ³n Social;2015, Issue 70, p468
Introduction: This article examines the way Spanish television channels rate and label their programmes, and whether they comply with the requirements established by the Self-regulation Code on Television Contents and Childhood. It also analyses the opinion of a panel of experts on the problems...
- WRESTLING ON THE MAT AS DEMO FLEES. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/13/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 4, p22
Reports on a decline in the ratings of the weekly television program "WWE Raw" from 2001 to 2004. Target audience of the program; Information on the alternative activity of young men for watching wrestling, according to television sports consultant Mike Trager; Marketing steps being taken to...
- The Hustle. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;4/15/2014 Supplement, p4
The article examines the television advertising upfront advanced sales period for 2014 and television broadcasting finance. Flat sales of advertising by broadcast television networks from 2004-2013 are considered, and attributed to factors including increased competition from cable television,...
- Grappling With Life After 'Raw' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p9
Focuses on the plan of Spike TV to target audiences of the World Wrestling Entertainment's "Raw" series by airing live episodes of the program "Ultimate Fighting Championship" (UFC) in October 2005. Information on the household rating generated by the first UFC event at Spike; Details of...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.