Stations Aren't All Demanding Cash
- NBC Eyes An Island Import. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of NBC Universal to use programming from its Telemundo TV station in Puerto Rico to create a Spanish-language cable network in the U.S. in 2004. Popularity of the WKAQ-TV, the station targeted by NBC for the plan, in the state; Reaction of David Zaslav, president of NBC...
- Stations, Cable Systems Face Off. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1
This article reports on the disputes between television stations and cable operators about how much cable systems should pay to retransmit signals of stations in the U.S. in 2007. Cable operators have begun distributing free rabbit ears equipped with switches, so viewers can toggle between their...
- 5 Keys to Ownership Rules. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/9/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the proposed rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on newspaper-broadcast cross-ownership. According to the author, the FCC rule is not much of a help for television stations despite loosening the television-radio cross-ownership ban. He adds that the...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p37
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of February 2005. Agreement entered into by Viacom Inc. with LIN TV Corp. to sell its UPN-affiliated television stations; Value of the private-placement offering of convertible preferred stock completed by Multiband Corp.;...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the programming of some cable networks in the U.S. as of February 2006.
- Hispanic Networks at a Glance. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p42
Presents information on several cable television networks for Hispanic Americans in the U.S. CNC Colombia; Discovery En EspaÃ±ol; ESPN Deportes.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p15
Presents updates on the cable television networks market in North Carolina as of December 6, 2004. Television revenue rank; Top commercial television stations; Number of alternative delivery systems subscribers.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of some cable television stations in the U.S. in April 2006.