Nomura Fills Healthcare Hole
- The Endgame of Healthcare. Bernadette, Suzanne // New Mexico Business Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p53
Offers observation on the health care industry in New Mexico. Background of Minnetonka, Minnesota-based UnitedHealth Group Inc.; Difference between the mergers and acquisitions in the health care and banking industry; Example on how UnitedHealth Group use advanced technology to help people...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/3/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 37, p44
Examines investment banking in the healthcare sector as of September 26, 2005. Global underwriting volume; Global equity deals; U.S. syndicated loans; Global merger and acquisition deals.
- Nomura seeks expansion via corporate deals. // EuroProperty;2004, p2
Nomura International PLC is looking for more exposure to the European property market by taking over complete companies to buy and lease back their property. A recent deal in London, England, in which Nomura and private property fund St James Capital bought the Earls Court and Olympia exhibition...
- MERGER ACTIVITY HEATS UP. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p23
Discusses findings of an Irvin Levin Associates, Inc. research that the healthcare merger and acquisition market reached its highest level in the second quarter of 2002 in the United States. Number of deals announced for the quarter; Deals in the long-term care sector; Dollar value of the deals.
- Ascension's $260 Million Taxable Note Sale Will Seal Merger. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31525, p34
Reports on an agreement to acquire Saint Louis, Illinois-based Carondelet Health Systems by Saint Louis, Illinois-based Ascension Health. Remarketing companies for the deal; Advantages of the deal for Carondelet; Audit of the Ascension's accounts by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Healthcare IT M&A 2011. RookS, Ben // Healthcare Informatics;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p32
The article notes that 2011 has been a quieter year than expected for the healthcare information technology (HCIT) industry. Three of the largest deals that took place were private equity firms buying their way into HCIT suggesting that the market is more attractive to those outside it seeking...
- 2013 Healthcare I.T. M&A: Do Many Notes Make a Song? ROOCKS, BEN // Healthcare Informatics;Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article offers a review of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the healthcare information technology (IT) sector in 2013, noting the smaller acquisitions by midsized companies. Discussed are some notable mergers including athenahealth's acquisition of Epocrates at a premium price, and...
- Optimism on M&A Activity, Particularly in Health Care. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 53, p1
The article provides an outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the health care sector in 2014 based on the Mid-Market Pulse (MMP) index.
- business watch. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2010, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p59
The article presents information on personnel changes at hospitals including information on the appointment of executive Scott Bond as president and chief executive officer of the Washington State Hospital Association, the appointment of executive Amir Dan Rubin as president and chief executive...