Starwood/Marriott Deal: Still a Go?
- Starwood receives good-news letter. // Hotel & Motel Management;03/02/98, Vol. 213 Issue 4, p90
Informs that Starwood Hotels has released the text of a letter that would affect the firm's position relative to its real estate investment trust (REIT) paired share status and its purchase of ITT Corp. Authors of the letter.
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts acquires Danbury Hilton. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p4
Discloses that Starwood Hotels & Resorts of White Plains, New York, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. have acquired Danbury Hilton Hotel of Danbury, Connecticut. Amenities, services and number of rooms at the Danbury Hilton.
- Starwood chief blasts political process. Higley, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;03/01/99, Vol. 214 Issue 4, p70
Reports on the pronouncements from Barry Sternlicht, chairman and chief executive of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, about the changing of the tax structure of paired-share real-estate investment trusts in the United States. Sternlicht's complaint about the process; Impact of the move on...
- 2 hotel developers are thinking big. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on two hotel developers, New York-based Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. and Maryland-based Host Marriott Corp., which would add at least 650 rooms to the 573-room Westin Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana. The proposal which has been submitted by these two hotel...
- Starwood sells Stamford Sheraton. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/21/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 47, p24
The article reports that Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. will sell 38 hotel properties, including the 448-room Sheraton Stamford Hotel in Stamford, Connecticut, to Host Marriott Corp. in a stock-and-cash transaction. Steven J. Heyer, Starwood CEO, said that this transaction will...
- Host Marriott to buy Sheraton Tucson Hotel. // Inside Tucson Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of Sheraton Hotels by Host Marriott Corp. in Tucson, Arizona. The properties being acquired are both owned-and-operated by Starwood under its various name brands.
- Le Meridien lost a battle, but is still fighting war. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p22
Reports that the Japanese consortium that owns the Le Meridien Hotels and Resorts in Coronado had decided to go with the Host Marriott Corp. How Patrick N. Mitchell, managing director of Le Meridien's The America's in New York, described the resort; Why Mitchell believes that Le Meridien has...
- Finance. Rolt, Amber // Estates Gazette;11/21/2015, Issue 890, p05
The article reports that hotelier Marriott International will acquire Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Marriott to buy Starwood hotels in 8bn deal. Rolt, Amber // Estates Gazette;11/21/2015, Issue 890, p03
The article reports that hotelier Marriott International will acquire Starwood Hotels & Resorts which will secure its position in the global market.