"DEAR MOTHER: I'M IN JAIL!"
- Wind Beneath Our Wings. Menon, Vishak; Lyer, Praba; Padmanabhan, Jaya; Jayapal, Maya // India Currents;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p34
In this article, the authors share their experiences of their relation with their mothers. One of the authors shares that after the death of his mother when he was nine-year-old, he had a major loss in faith and his father had to suffer a lot. While another one shares that during her teenage,...
- 37 WAYS YOUR MOTHER PRETTY MUCH DESTROYED YOU. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2004, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p252
Explores how mothers can badly influence their sons in the United States. Breastfeeding; Divorce; Interpersonal relations.
- Are You Still A Mama's Boy? Schaefer, Kayleen // Details;Oct2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p112
The article discusses the problem of being a mama's boy. It cites that some adult men continue to cling to their mothers because they have not decided to settle down or have committed relationships with other women. In relation to this, therapists confirm that many adult men have difficulty...
- life after deb. Webber, Deb // Woman's Day (Australian Consolidated Press);10/2/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 40, p97
The article presents question and answer on finding a connection in the spirit world. According to the reader, she feels her dead son around her and she would like to have this confirmed. Expert says that the son had a gentle, caring nature but did not show it all the time. He was a little rough...
- Tracy Ann Miller. Markos, James // Teen Ink;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses the author's experience of strengthening his relationship with her mother Tracy Ann Miller. He saw a woman struggle so hard for so little. What his mother earned from her two jobs went for him. He said he never saw his mother cry, but he knows she must have. It was already...
- KENNY CHESNEY. Kaufman, Joanne // Good Housekeeping;May2006, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p96
The article presents the thoughts of country singer Kenny Chesney about her mother, Karen Chandler. Chesney, 38, grew up in a tiny dot of a town: Luttrell, Tennessee. His parents split when he was a child, and he and his younger sister were raised mostly by their mother, Karen Chandler, a...
- ANDERSON COOPER. Kaufman, Joanne // Good Housekeeping;May2006, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p98
The article presents the thoughts of television newsman Anderson Cooper about his mother, Gloria Vanderbilt. Cooper, 38, is almost as famous as his mom, who first made headlines as a child heiress caught up in a heated custody battle. Later, she has been known for her high-profile romances, her...
- FENSTAD'S MOTHER. Baxter, Charles // Atlantic (02769077);Sep88, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p60
Presents the short story 'Fenstad's Mother,' which deals with the relationship between a son and his mother who was a lifelong social progressive.
- My Three SONS. Okun, Stacey // Town & Country;Aug2003, Vol. 157 Issue 5279, p112
Presents an article about how a mother's life was changed by her three sons.