- CJ showcase. // Contract Journal;4/21/2004, Vol. 423 Issue 6472, p14
Presents information on several construction equipment and supplies. Plastic paving system from Hexapath; Tank Jetting System from Hoofmark Ltd.; Kingframe lightweight steel framing panels from Kingspan Metl-Con Ltd.
- Reader Tips. Puay Teck Lau; Cremer, Jim; Ulam, Clark; Nix, William; Vantour, Louis; Cannell, Rich; Cooper, Mike; Tusell, Alejandro Salaverria; Hawhee, Jerry; Walker, Russ; Reeves, Mike; Usher, Matthew // FineScale Modeler;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p64
Offers modelmaking tips shared by modelmakers. Use of paint-bottle lids; Benefits of sandpaper and wooden clothespins in making inexpensive assembly clamps; Procedures for making realistic rust powder for weathering panel lines and rivets.
- ANALYTICAL DETERTELATIOL OF RESIELAL STRENGTH AND LIEKUP STRENGTH FOR FUELER PANELS, WITH MULTIPLE SITE DATIAGE. R., Elangovan; Selladurai, V.; Ramamurthy, T. S.; Dattaguru, B. // International Journal of Engineering Science & Technology;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p3651
Airplane fuselage has a large number of riveted joints and is subjected to a major loading of differential internal pressure at cruise altitude and zero pressure on the ground. This constitutes one of the major load cycle on the fuselage often referred to as ground air ground (G-A-G) cycle. Due...
- Current Status and Future Focuses of Typical Pre-hole Riveting. Weijia Li; Lianfa Yang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 630-642, p611
In the course of ongoing development of riveting technologies, various methods were developed in the last years. Riveting is one of the most important joining methods. Nowadays, pre-hole riveting methods have been widely used in aviation, automobile and other fields because of its advantages of...
- Tool time, too. // Dealernews;Jun97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p48
Introduces the D.I.D.'s KM500 riveting/cutting tool. Its features.
- Tips for designing with rivets. // Machine Design;9/14/95, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p100
Features tips for joint designing with rivets. Includes possibility for long tubular and semitubular rivets to buckle; Using large-diameter heads and a star-set clinch or cap when joining compressible materials; Using washers to strengthen riveted joints.
- Pop goes the rivet. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May97, Issue 534, p57
Provides a list of rivets to avoid displacements of leftover parts.
- Pop rivets. Joyner, Louis // Southern Living;Apr95, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p148
Offers advice on the use of pop rivets.
- Rivets. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p501
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture rivets. Blind; Semi-tubular; Solid; Tubular.