SNOW & ICE CONTROL
- Mother Nature, meet mother of plows. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Dec99, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the creation of the Concept Vehicle Consortium with the purpose of bringing snow and ice removal techniques to the United States. Combination of innovations from Asia and Europe; Improvement of the traditional snowplow; Description of the Minnesota Department of Transportation's...
- Why you need liquid deicers. Hall, Ron // Landscape Management;May2008, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p45
The article discusses the use of liquid deicers in snow and ice management programs. A description is provided of the benefits which the use of such deicers offers to a company's reputation and profits. Topics include the manner in which deicers work and the different deicer products available...
- Snow joke, you know. Starr, Jamie // Commercial Motor;12/11/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5310, p56
The article offers tips on how vehicle owners can deal the wintry weather. The Northumberland has been producing compact salt spreaders to help owners clean the ice particularly on their backyard. Various US-made machines are also sold in the market that are designed as grit spreaders with...
- APWA PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Roads & Bridges;Aug2005, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p67
Evaluates several products used in public works. URETEK 486 high-density, hydro-insensitive expanding polymer from Uretek USA; Lighting Loader grapple truck from Petersen Industries Inc; SafeLane Ice Prevention Overlay technology from Cargill Inc.
- 'ANYWHERE IT SNOWS.'. // Manufacturing Today;May/Jun2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p101
The article features Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Douglas Dynamics. The company provides snow and ice control equipment with Fisher and Western being the top two brands. General manager Steve Klug explained that the company acquired the Blizzard brand because it owned the patent on the technology....
- Plows are key parts of larger systems: Pro buying tips. Hirshorn, Susan // Landscape Trades;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
The article offers tips on choosing a snowplow. Straight blade plows clear snow quickly in places like sidewalks or a factory parking lot, depending on the angle of the blade. Containment plow or pusher improves snow removal efficiency over conventional straight blade or bucket plows. Snowplow...
- Preparing for Winter. // Construction Bulletin;8/6/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the introduction of the split trip-edge concave-shaped scoop plow by Hiniker Co. in Mankato, Minnesota. Control of snow and ice; Advantage of the equipment; Design of the scoop plow.
- Step back and take a hard look. Hall, Ron // Landscape Management;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, ps1
Comments on issues related to snow and ice management services in the U.S. Examination on market demands and necessities; Variation of pricing structures from market to market; Assessment on the operations and capabilities of the company.
- Smart Solutions. Toone, Stephanie // American City & County;Oct2015, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the equipment and technology that municipalities in the U.S. are using to manage snow and ice removal tasks. Topics discussed include the areas of the U.S. expected to suffer from harsh winter in 2016, the public work teams relying on road weather information systems...