- ArvinMeritor, FAW form joint venture. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2005, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the formation of a joint venture by ArvinMeritor Inc. with First Auto Works in China. Expansion of ArvinMeritor's capacity to produce commercial vehicle foundation air brakes.
- Pieces of the Grumman Olson pie. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2003, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the truck companies that acquired the assets of bankrupt Grumman Olson. Acquisition of the Sturgis, Michigan assembly plant of Olson by MS Truck Body; Facilities of Olson acquired by HIG Group; Acquisition of the intellectual property rights for dry van and refrigerated bodies...
- ArvinMeritor finalizes sale of Meritor Suspension JV. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that ArvinMeritor Inc. has finalized the sale of its 57% stake in the Meritor Suspension System Co. (MSSC) joint venture. For an estimated 13 million U.S. dollars, Mitsubishi Steel Manufacturing Ltd. (MSM) acquired the stake of ArvinMeritor in the joint venture. ArvinMeritor...
- Bosch and M+H buy filters firm. // Automotive Engineer;Mar2006, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that ArvinMeritor Inc. has planned to sell its Purolator oil, air fuel and cabin filter business units to Bosch Corp. and Mann and Hammel in the U.S. The deal is expected to go ahead in April 2006, with Bosch and Mann and Hummel running Purolator as a 50-50 joint venture....
- Beep, Beep, Beep--Make Way for the Xiali. Dan, Zhang // Fortune International (Europe);3/20/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on China's bestselling car last year, which was a FAW, or First Auto Works, as it used to be known. But the company's Xiali is ubiquitous in Beijing, as both taxicab and economy family transport. Sales of the Xiali grew much faster than the Toyotas and Volkswagens that FAW...
- Toyota and First Auto Works expand licensing agreement. Webb, Alysha // Automotive News;8/4/2003, Vol. 77 Issue 6051, p45
Toyota Motor Corp. and China's First Auto Works have signed a letter of intent to upgrade an earlier licensing agreement to the status of a joint venture. In April, the two agreed to cooperate to produce four Toyota models. They are Crown luxury sedan, Corolla compact sedan, and Land Cruiser and...
- Cho: Toyota is 'in the dark' about China. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;11/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6065, p25
Toyota Motor Corp. is groping in the dark in its efforts to gain a foothold in the growing Chinese market, Toyota President Fujio Cho said. Because joint-venture partner First Auto Works, or FAW, distributes the cars Toyota sells in China, Toyota has little feedback on what vehicles are selling...
- New Truck Company Carries the Oldest Name in the Business. // Fleet Equipment;Dec2001, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p14
Announces the formation of Autocar LLC by Grand Vehicle Works Holdings LLC. Reasons of Grand Vehicle for acquiring Autocar name; Information on the product of the Autocar; Remarks from Bob Enright, president of Autocar.
- Sunwest to hold auction. Berger, Liza // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that the federal judge approved the deal to sell Sunwest Management senior living facilities worth 1.3 billion dollars to the joint venture formed by Blackstone Real Estate Advisors, Emeritus Senior Living and Columbia Pacific Advisors in the U.S.