USAFE gets URITS
- USAFE gets URITS. Mallegol, S. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr99 Supplement, Vol. 22, p32
Reports that the United States Air Force (USAF) Range Instrumentation Systems Program Office has awarded a contract to Metric Systems Corp. Delivery of rangeless training system; Development of global positioning system; Training of USAF in Europe F-15 and F-16 pilots for the equipment.
- USAFE combat training moves off dedicated ranges. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/28/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 26, p42
Reports on the United States Air Force's installation of Metric Systems' training system pods and debriefing stations in various facilities in Europe. Impact on fighter aircraft training programs of the US Air Force in Europe.
- ADVANCED COMINT TECHNIQUES SOUGHT. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p22
The article reports on a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) in Rome, New York on September 21, 2010 titled "Advanced COMINT Collection Techniques & Enablers."
- USAF PONDERS NEXT PHASE OF JTE PRODUCTION. Knowles, J. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2010, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
The article focuses on the request for information issued by the U.S. Air Force for the follow-on production phase of its Joint Threat Emitter program.
- EW Achieving Air Force Visibility Via EW Operational Shortfalls Study. Green, Gerald // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov98, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p15
Describes the Electronic Warfare Operational Shortfalls Study (EWOSS) in the United States Air Force. Primary objective of the study; Evolution of EWOSS into a program; Effect of EWOSS on the US Air Force teams.
- EW interest widening. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
Reports on increasing interest for electronic warfare (EW) among officials of the United States Air Force. Promotion of EW as at par with stealth technology in the planning and development of military systems; Interest from legislators on the EW issue.
- AMSTE Seeks to Deny Enemy's 'Sanctuary of Movement.'. Sherman, K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p35
Reports that the United States Air Force Laboratory Information Directorate has concluded Phase One of the Affordable Moving Surface Target Engagement (AMSTE) program. Source of funding for the program; Focus of the research; Goal of AMSTE; Phase Two of the program.
- RAVENS OVER BOSNIA. Shaw III., Wayne L. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p34
The article discusses the author's experience of serving EF-11 electronic warfare officer for the U.S. Air Force operations over Bosnia-Hercegoniva in 1995.
- Is the USAF Failing the Test(ers)? Riley, Mick // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p49
Focuses on the problems faced by the United States Air Force on electronic warfare (EW) system maintenance. Challenges posted by the improved EW system; Levels of EW system maintenance; Details on the operation of EW system. INSET: Vertical testability concept, by Thom Nichols.