USAFE gets URITS
- USAFE gets URITS. Mallegol, S. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr99 Supplement, Vol. 22, p32
Reports that the United States Air Force (USAF) Range Instrumentation Systems Program Office has awarded a contract to Metric Systems Corp. Delivery of rangeless training system; Development of global positioning system; Training of USAF in Europe F-15 and F-16 pilots for the equipment.
- USAFE combat training moves off dedicated ranges. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/28/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 26, p42
Reports on the United States Air Force's installation of Metric Systems' training system pods and debriefing stations in various facilities in Europe. Impact on fighter aircraft training programs of the US Air Force in Europe.
- EW interest widening. Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
Reports on increasing interest for electronic warfare (EW) among officials of the United States Air Force. Promotion of EW as at par with stealth technology in the planning and development of military systems; Interest from legislators on the EW issue.
- AMSTE Seeks to Deny Enemy's 'Sanctuary of Movement.'. Sherman, K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p35
Reports that the United States Air Force Laboratory Information Directorate has concluded Phase One of the Affordable Moving Surface Target Engagement (AMSTE) program. Source of funding for the program; Focus of the research; Goal of AMSTE; Phase Two of the program.
- Is the USAF Failing the Test(ers)? Riley, Mick // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p49
Focuses on the problems faced by the United States Air Force on electronic warfare (EW) system maintenance. Challenges posted by the improved EW system; Levels of EW system maintenance; Details on the operation of EW system. INSET: Vertical testability concept, by Thom Nichols.
- First person. Corder, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p74
Narrates the author's experience as part of the United States Air Force's electronic warfare (EW) weapons systems evaluation program. Amount spent on EW weapons systems; Formation of the EW Aggressor Squadron.
- DEAD END. Gershanoff, Hal // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p10
Discusses issues related to the United States Air Force's electronics warfare (EW) programs. Prerequisites for promotion in the armed forces; Manpower shortfalls in EW programs; Career-path outlook for uniformed EW professionals.
- USAF SEEKS INFORMATION ON HIGH POWER LASER SENSOR DEFEAT SOLUTIONS. Richardson, E. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p16
This article reports on the issuance of a request for information (RFI) by the U.S. Air Force High Power Laser Joint Technology 0ffice (HEL-JTO) on portable systems, mature concepts and technologies.
- US Air Force. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p26
This article provides an update on electronic defense projects of the U.S. Air Force as of May 2011.