Rhetoric and reform
- Corrigenda. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Oct2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p112
Presents clarifications about the published articles in the journal Heart, Lung and Circulation. Affiliation of J.M. Alvarez, C. Chatwin and C. Fahrer, researchers; Error in publishing the institutional affiliation; Apology of the editors and publishers.
- How can impact factors be improved? Garfield, Eugene // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/17/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7054, p411
Suggests methods by which impact factors can be improved in medical periodicals. Calculation of impact factors among medical journals; Absolute citation counts; Impact of review journals; Cumulative impact factors; Method papers; Factors in journal evaluation.
- Minerva. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/17/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7054, p434
Presents several excerpts taken from different medical periodicals. Includes an excerpt from the 1996 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health' periodical concerning neonatal deaths; Excerpt from the `Archives of Internal Medicine' periodical concerning unexplained fatigue and muscle...
- FOREWORD. // Current Medical Literature: Lysosomal Storage Disease;2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, Preceding pIV
Presents an introduction to the articles published in the March 2005 issue of the journal "Lysosomal Storage Disease (Current Medical Literature)."
- Transitions. Good, Byron J.; Good, Mary-Jo Delvecchio // Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry;Jun2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p131
The article focuses on the contribution of scholars to the periodical "Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry" and its involvement with Harvard Medical School.
- Minerva. Cetti, N E // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/25/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7140, p1326
Presents information on a number of medical issues and various medical journals. Reference to the American Journal of Epidemiology; Relation to the Journal of Clinical Pathology; How male fecundity is measured; More information on the journals and medical issues.
- FOREWARD. Fishman, Alfred p. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, Preceding p1
Presents the foreword to the May 2004 issue of the journal "Respiratory Medicine."
- Delivering science to the public. // Nature Medicine;Apr99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p357
Focuses on the plan of 'Nature Medicine' periodical to work closely with mass media. Tension between the press and the journals; Effects of science and discovery on human condition.
- On Being a Doctor. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/1/90, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p820
Introduces the section On Being a Doctor in the periodical 'Annals of Internal Medicine.'