Inconclusive evidence puts Adderall back on the market
- Revised labelling for Adderall XR in Canada. // Reactions Weekly;9/10/2005, Issue 1068, p2
Reports on a Dear Health Care Professional letter issued by Shire BioChem Inc. advising that Adderall XR has returned to the Canadian market for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and that the Canadian labeling of the drug will be revised. Adverse effect of...
- Health Canada suspends Adderall, US FDA advises caution. // Reactions Weekly;2/19/2005, Issue 1039, p2
Reports on the move by Health Canada to suspend the market authorization of the Adderall drug, developed and manufactured by Shire BioChem Inc. Use of the drug for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder; Claims of sudden deaths, heart-related deaths and strokes in children...
- Adderall XR allowed back on the Canadian market. // Reactions Weekly;9/3/2005, Issue 1067, p2
Reports on a decision by Health Canada to allow the drug Aderall XR from Shire BioChem Inc. back on the Canadian market, as of September 2005. Reason behind the suspension of the sale of the drug; Conditions for allowing the sale of the drug.
- Shire: Adderall should recover from Canadian blow. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p18
The article reports that the government agency Health Canada is informing Canadians that it has ordered Shire BioChem Inc., the manufacturer of Adderall XR to withdraw the drug from the Canadian market. The agency has suspended the market authorization of the product due to safety information...
- Amphetamine salts suspended. // WHO Drug Information;2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p32
The article reports that Health Canada has suspended marketing of amphetamine salts for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder with effect February 9, 2005. The decision to withdraw amphetamine salts is founded on very rare, international, spontaneous reports of sudden deaths in paediatric and...
- Effects of methamphetamine on the adjusting amount procedure, a model of impulsive behavior in rats. Richards, J. B.; Sabol, K. E.; de Wit, H. // Psychopharmacology;1999, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p432
Abstract Rationale: Moderate doses of d-amphetamine (given both acutely and chronically) have been shown to decrease impulsivity in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and to improve attention and learning in normal adults. In contrast, chronic doses of methamphetamine...
- Adult ADHD is widespread, panel says. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p18
The article presents views of the panel of adult Americans have attention deficit-hypeactivity disorder (ADHD) experts. They said that at least three of every 100 adult Americans have ADHD and will respond well to the same drugs given to children for the condition. First-line therapy for adult...
- Stimulant now OK'd for ADHD adults. // Drug Topics;8/23/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the approval given by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the single-entity amphetamine product Adderall XR for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults.
- Adderall for ADHD. // Pediatrics for Parents;1999, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on an article published in the April 1999 issue of the `Pediatrics' periodical about the use of Adderall, a mixture of different amphetamines, as an alternative for treating children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Comparison with Ritalin; Non-drug treatment of the condition.