Katrina scars tens of thousands psychologically
- Counselors without borders. Kennedy, Angela // Counseling Today;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the counseling and consoling services offered by 14 George Mason University graduate students and two counselor educators to the victims of hurricane Katrina in Mississippi. The trip was initiated through the university pilot project Counselors Without Borders to provide...
- After the Hurricane. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;10/3/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the victims of Hurricane Katrina that affected different parts of the U.S. in September 2005. INSETS: Eyewitness;Old World Charm.
- After Katrina. Brown, Bryan // Junior Scholastic;9/1/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses how the people of New Orleans, Louisiana, are struggling to rebuild their homes and businesses since Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S. Gulf Coast in late August 2005.
- Houma Nation of Louisiana still struggles to rebuild. // American Indian Report;Apr2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the struggle of the United Houma Nation of Louisiana to repair their livelihoods and shattered lives after hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS. Eisenberg, Daniel; Klarreich, Kathie // Time;11/28/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p42
The article focuses on the case of the Betz family of Pass Christian, Mississippi and their experience of surviving and recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. The author reviews how the town of Pass Christian was completely wiped out by the storm. The family relocated to...
- HAPPILY OUT OF THE NINTH WARD. Kher, Unmesh; Billips, Mike; Shell, Callie // Time;11/28/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p47
The article focuses on the case of the Brown family from the Ninth Ward of New Orleans, Louisiana and their experience of surviving and recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. The author reviews the Brown's family history in the Ninth Ward. The family relocated to Marietta,...
- Hanging on and Holding out in New Orleans after Katrina. Neff, Thomas; Crone, Moira // Southern Cultures;Summer2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Presents a photo essay which documents the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the residents of New Orleans, Louisiana.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Farley, Thomas P. // Town & Country;Nov2005 Special Issue, p116
Expresses sympathy to the victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- NEW ORLEANS. // In These Times;Oct2015, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p7
A photograph showing DJ Twinn hugging his survivor horse Vision in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina is presented.