Looking at the big picture
- Reflections of an Editorial Fellow. Lin, Kenny // American Family Physician;9/15/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p1006
Presents the views of a physician on being an editorial fellow for the "American Family Physician" journal. Thoughts on the appointment to the John C. Rose Medical Editing Fellowship; Job responsibilities of a medical editor; Impact of the fellowship experience of the clinician on his being a...
- IN PARTING. Pincoffs, Maurice C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep60, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p614
Editorial. Announces the resignation of the editor of the periodical 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Factors contributing to the growth of the periodical; Functions of the editor; Successor of the editor.
- The Board. Mattera, Marianne D. // Medical Economics;1/24/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the changes in the editorial board of the periodical 'Medical Economics.' Responsibilities of the board; Qualification of the editorial board.
- AFP Welcomes New Medical Editing Fellow. Preboth, Monica // American Family Physician;7/15/2007, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p175
The article introduces Uma Jayaraman, the newest editorial fellow in the AFP family. Since July 1, Jayaraman has been part of the AFP medical editing staff at Georgetown University Medical Center. She has applied for AFP fellowship because of her interest in writing and editing and has felt that...
- Conflict of interest and the BMJ. Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/1/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6920, p4
Focuses on the rejection of review article on the treatments of a particular condition by the editor due to conflict of interest from referee. Impression of referee on the clarity of review; Interest of researcher in pharmaceutical industry; Production of statement on conflict of interest by...
- Five-Year Report of Croatian Medical Journal's Research Integrity Editor -- Policy, Policing, or Policing Policy. // Croatian Medical Journal;2006, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p220
Discusses the five-year developments within "Croatian Medical Journal" (CMJ). Fulfillment of the goals of the installed CMJ Research Integrity Editor; Increase in the number of manuscripts submitted for possible publication to the CMJ; Experience of the journal with research integrity...
- Authorship in a Small Medical Journal: A Study of Contributorship Statements by Corresponding Authors. Marusic, Matko; Bozikov, Jadranka; Katavic, Vedran; Hren, Darko; Kljakovic-Gaspic, Marko; Marusic, Ana // Science & Engineering Ethics;Jul2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p493
The authorship criteria of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) are widely accepted in biomedical journals, but many studies in large and prestigious journals show that a considerable proportion of authors do not fulfill these criteria. We investigated authorship...
- A Look Inside this Issue. Merriman, Joyce A. // American Family Physician;6/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p2026
Presents information on the publication of the "American Family Physician." Overview of the issue's cover article on diarrhea during travel; Articles requested by readers; Season-oriented articles planned for future publication.
- Dear Doctor. Kerr, Richard R. // Urology Times;Mar2008, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1
The article offers information on the journal "Urology Times Clinical Edition." It states that it will feature practical, peer-reviewed clinical articles written and edited for the practicing urologist. It adds that its goal is to ensure that clinical urologists receive the most current,...