Physicians want transparency as Guidant lawsuits grow
- Court files grow thick against Guidant. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p6
Reports that several lawsuits were filed against Indianapolis, Indiana-based medical device maker Guidant Corp. in connection to its defibrillators. Estimated number of Guidant's defibrillators recalled in June 2005; Individual and class action lawsuits against the company for concealing...
- Medical experts discuss risk-management techniques. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);4/7/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that a group of experts discussed several of the most publicized medical-product problems at a forum on managing risk on March 29, 2006. The event was sponsored by CNY MedTech, a regional trade association for medical-technology and device companies, Chubb Group of Insurance...
- Stuck with the check? Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;6/27/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p20
Reports on the recall of implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICD) by Guidant Corp. in the U.S. in June 2005. Cost of the device; Background on ICD; Problems encountered by patients at Indiana Heart Hospital in Indianapolis with the device.
- WSJ notes wire failure role in matter of cardiac defibrillators from Guidant Corp. // Wire Journal International;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on an article about Guidant Corp. published in the Wall Street Journal about the role of wire had in causing malfunctions in the company's cardiac defibrillators. The article offers insights into why company officials might have not anticipated such a reaction. It showed that...
- Guidant reports failure modes on certain pacemakers. // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov2005, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p7
The article presents information on physician advisory related to failure of defibrillator models of certain pacemakers in the U.S. Guidant Corp. says that the failure models may result in different device behavior. This model failure may result in intermittent or permanent loss of pacing output...
- Guidant receives additional FDA defibrillator approval. Adams, Brent // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p39A
Reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's approval of Indianapolis, Indiana-based Guidant Corp.'s cardiac resynchronization therapy implantable defibrillators for patients with severe heart failure.
- Guidant expected to benefit from competitor's study. Adams, Brent // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p47
Reports that local medical device maker Guidant Corp. is expected to benefit from a positive study concerning defibrillators, released by Minneapolis-based competitor Medtronic Inc. Results of the study; Implications for Medtronic, Guidant and other competitors vying for a piece of the market.
- Heart implant recall shakes patients. Webster, Richard A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/11/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p1
Reports on the increasing telephone calls from terrified patients following the recall of cardiac defibrillators by cardiovascular product manufacturer Guidant Corp. in the U.S. Discovery of flaw that could prevent the devices from delivering a life-saving shock to the heart; Payment of patient...
- Boston Scientific ICD recalls. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug2006, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that Massachusetts-based Boston Scientific Corp. is continuing the recall of certain models of cardiac resynchronization pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators produced by Guidant, which was acquired by Boston. The United States Food and Drug Administration...