- FIRM AGE, COLLATERAL VALUE, AND ACCESS TO DEBT FINANCING IN AN EMERGING ECONOMY: EVIDENCE FROM SOUTH AFRICA. Ezeoha, Abel; Botha, Ferdi // South African Journal of Economic & Management Sciences;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p55
This paper applies the Blundell and Bond system generalised method of moments (GMM) two-step estimator to examine the impact of age and collateral value on debt financing, using a panel of 177 non-financial companies listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange over the period 1999 to 2009. The...
- THE ATTITUDE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM INDUSTRIALISTS TO VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCING IN NIGERIA. Abereijo, Isaac Oluwajoba; Fayomi, Abimbola Oluwagbenga // Global Journal of Business Research (GJBR);2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p127
The principal objective of this paper is to ascertain the extent to which Myers' Pecking Order Theory (POT) of business financing explains the financial structure of Small and Medium Manufacturing Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria. The goal is to examine their attitude with regard to the venture...
- TERM SHEETS. // Bank Loan Report;11/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p4
Presents several bank loan transactions for various industries in the U.S.
- Capital and Ownership Structure: A Comparison of United States and Japanese Manufacturing Corporations. Kester, W. Carl // Financial Management (1972);Spring86, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
This article compares the capital and ownership structure between manufacturing corporations in the U.S. and Japan. Observers of global industrial competition have long noted an apparent decline in the competitiveness of many U.S. corporations vis-a-vis their Japanese counterparts. Of the many...
- Debt Acquisition Financing Coming Back? Roberts, Ricado // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p1
Deals with the growing popularity of debt financing on mergers and acquisition in the United States. Downturns in the equity market; Comments from Philip Walker, senior director in the financial institutions group at Fitch IBCA Inc.
- BORROWING FOR GROWTH. Heun, Christopher // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p37
This article discusses the significance of debt-based financing to the magazine industry. Debt-based financing has been in demand because of low interest rates and willing lenders holding an abundance of debt capital. Among the forms of debt, senior facilities are the most attractive form of...
- Turkey: Boom In Private Borrowing. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/26/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on the importance of private borrowing to the economy of Turkey. Based on the estimates of the Turkish Treasury in 2001, total government debt came in at 100.8 percent of gross national product, a level which was observed by economists to be unsustainable. In this regard, the...
- Lucent Debt Syndication a Tough Sell. // American Banker;2/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 34, p26
Reports on the difficulty that banks marketing a syndicated loan package for Lucent Technologies Inc. have had attracting buyers. Size of the deal; How much J.P. Morgan Chase and Citicorp North America Inc. had committed; The cut in Lucent's debt ratings on February 12, 2001.
- Strategic Behavior in Out-of-Court Debt Restructurings. Wielenberg, Stefan // Schmalenbach Business Review (SBR);Jul2001, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p244
Presents information on strategic behavior in out-of-court debt restructuring in Germany. Purpose of out-of-court negotiations; Components of asymmetric information model; Information on out-of-court debt negotiations in a setting of asymmetric information.