The Latest on Fees (1/1/05-9/19/05)
- What Will Drive the Deal Wheel? Sargent, Carolyn; O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 27, p34
Provides updates on the present status of the U.S. capital markets in the 2005. Strong backdrop in the high-grade market; Favorable initial public offerings performance; Unpopularity of convertibles in the equities market.
- Technology, Regulations and Their Impact On the Capital Markets. Greifeld, Bob // Traders Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 17, p16
Focuses on the impact of technology and regulations on capital markets in the U.S. Greater institutional demads; Calls for more open trading environments; Emergence of direct, transparent and instantaneous access to capital markets; Concept of trade through.
- The Influence of Developments--The Capital Markets on Funds Acquisition by the Firm. Anderson, Leslie P. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p98
A conference paper is presented examines capital markets. The author discusses the impact that changing market conditions have on the cost and availability of capital for firms. The author also examines the impact that changing conditions have on firms who experience different levels of risk....
- Going-Private Decisions and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: A Cross-Country Analysis. Kamar, Ehud; Karaca-Mandic, Pinar; Talley, Eric // Journal of Law, Economics & Organization;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p107
This article investigates whether the passage and the implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) drove firms out of the public capital market. To control for other factors affecting exit decisions, we examine the post-SOX change in the propensity of American public targets to be...
- Evaluation of the Solvency of the Companies Which Represent Serbian Market by the Use of BEX Model. Cvijanovic, Janko; Muminovic, Sasa; Pavlovic, Vladan; Sajfert, Zvonko; Lazic, Jelena // TTEM- Technics Technologies Education Management;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p294
In this paper 65 Serbian companies were tested by use of BEX model. Decision to use this model stems from the fact that it is about model developed in our surroundings, and capital markets in the surroundings are much more similar to Serbian capital market than it is the case with developed...
- BSE awakes to a flood of IPOs. Dunkley, Clare // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/14/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 41, p70
This article offers a look at the capital markets in Bahrain. Investors in Bahrain have an unusually exciting six months ahead of them. The kingdom's corporate have finally caught the initial public offering (IPO) bug, with three share sales under way and plans afoot for several more by early...
- Hot IPO Slate For New Year. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/6/2014, pA01
Expectations are heightened by a strong Q4 showing that lifted the total IPO count last year to 222, the most since 2000. China e-commerce giant Alibaba is expected to list in the U.S. It could be the largest tech IPO ever, surpassing
- Top Chinese firms face Canadian lawsuit over capital markets transactions. Kriegler, Yun // Lawyer (Online Edition);10/14/2013, p12
The article informs that Chinese capital markets firms, Commerce & Finance and Jingtian & Gongcheng are facing Canadian lawsuit over capital markets transactions. The claim was filed by 11 securities houses and financial institutions against the two Beijing-based firms in Ontario Superior Court...
- THE ESTIMATION OF THE COMMERCIAL CAPITAL - GOODWILL. Antonescu, Ligia; Siminicӑ, Daniela // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p956
The notion of commercial capital is used in present bookkeeping law in Romania and it represents the part from the commercial capital that is not mentioned in other elements of patrimony, but which take part at the maintenance or the development of the unity as: the customers, the commercial...