INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- A Shareholders' Put Option: Counteracting the Acquirer Overpayment Problem. Afsharipour, Afra // Minnesota Law Review;2012, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p1018
I have been in dozens of board meetings in which acquisitions have been deliberated, often with the directors being instructed by highpriced investment bankers (are there any other kind?). Invariably, the bankers give the board a detailed assessment of the value of the company being purchased,...
- SUMMARIES. // California Management Review;Spring2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p3
The article presents abstracts of articles related to management. They include "In Defense of Strategy as Design," by Jeanne Liedtka, "Designing Corporate Ventures in the Shadow of Private Venture Capital," by Henry Chesborough, and "Cross-Border Acquisitions of U.S. Technology Assets," by...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 28, p46
Reports on developments concerning investment banking in U.S. and global FIGs as of July 6, 2004. Global FIGs underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers; Global equity deals; Global debt deals; Syndicated loans.
- The Rapid Rise Of Outsourcing. MacRae, Desmond // Traders Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 224, p74
Discusses the impact of the demand increase for clearing services on correspondent clearing groups. Driving force behind consolidations between Pershing and Bank of New York Co. Inc.; Key to survival in correspondent clearing; Importance of technology in enhancing business operations.
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/28/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p19
Presents charts that presents data on investment banking in the U.S. Monthly global volume merger and acquisition as of March 21, 2005; Merger and acquisition activity as of March 21, 2005; Global target volume by selected industry as of March 21, 2005; European target volume of selected...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/12/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p21
Presents information about mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the investment banking sector of the U.S. as of May 5, 2003. Table depicting global target M&A advisor rankings; Bookrunners for top global acquisition related lenders.
- Quattrone Sets Up Shop. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/24/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the move of technology banker Frank Quattrone to open his own merchant banking boutique, Qatalyst Group, with bankers from Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs and other firms in the U.S. It states that Qatalyst will provide merger and acquisition and corporate...
- Bank M&A Fees Have Skyrocketed in the Past Decade. Barba, Robert // American Banker;2/19/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 26, p13
The article considers a trend in banking industry finance in which investment banking firms are charging higher fees for their participation in bank mergers. Anonymous investment bankers state that the fees are higher as a percentage of mergers because buyers of banks are paying lower sums for...
- Conflict of interest arises when valuing companies. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p34A
Reports that officials at the National Association of Securities Dealers Inc. (NASD) have expressed concern over fairness opinions of an acquisition deal. Analysis of the transaction by an investment bank; Conflict of interest issues when the incentive for investment bankers is to see the deal...