Fed Move Baffles Some Junk Pros
- Rate rise respite. Debus, Keith // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/22/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p10
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to increase the federal funds rate, as of November 2004. Increase in the percentage of short-term interest rates; Impact of the deflation and recession of stock market on federal funds rate; Information on the monetary policy implemented...
- Demand drives 10-year. Salcedo, Yesenia; McMahon, Chris // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the initiative of U.S. Federal Reserve Board to continue in raising the Federal fund rate. Strategy of China and India in buying U.S. dollars to maintain the trade imbalance; Inclusion of the Treasury notes; Appreciation of the investment and with the additional benefit of keeping...
- Fed Keeps Interest Rates Unchanged. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/18/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the election at the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to keep interest rates unchanged as its Federal Open Market Committee decided to keep its target for the federal funds rate at one percent.
- Fed delivers seventh quarter-point interest rate increase. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/1/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p10B
Reports on the U.S. Federal Reserve's decision to increase the federal funds interest rate up by a quarter-point to 2.75 percent in April 2005 as the agency continued its campaign to gradually nudge rates high enough to make sure that a rebounding economy does not trigger unwanted inflation....
- US Reserve raises rates. Le Mesurier, Kriten; Tandukar, Amita // BRW;7/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p81
Reports on the U.S. Federal Reserve Board's raising of a key interest setting, the federal funds rate, for the ninth successive time.
- Significant highs within striking distance. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/15/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 33, p3
Comments on the increase in interest rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Vigilance to the near-term market action of Dow Industrials and Dow Transports; Consideration of bond yields; Observation of the performance of federal-funds rate in the futures market; Availability of stocks at...
- US High-Yield Market Coming Back To Life. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p67
The article reports on the revival of the high-yield bond market in the U.S. The author claims that one factor that contributes to the revival is the move of the Federal Reserve Board to reduce the interest rate. This move enables some companies to double the size of planned note issues due to...
- TUESDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32527, p1
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on December 12, 2006 in the U.S. the municipal market was reported to be slightly firmer as tax-exempt bonds followed Treasury yields lowered after the federal funds rate was once again held at 5.25 percent by Federal Reserve...
- Projections See Stronger Economy On The Horizon; Effect Of Rising Rates Is Queried. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to increase its target for the bellweather Fed Funds rate by 25 basis points from its 46-year-low of one percent. Projected impact of the rise in interest rates; Projected growth of the economy; Concerns over rising interest rates.