Buckeye and Stations Get Along, Too
- CABLE RIDES SURGE IN REVENUE FROM BUNDLING, NEW SERVICES. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;8/15/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the sales growth experienced by several cable television companies prior to the expansion of voice-over Internet telephone services in the U.S. Launch of wireless offering that aid in the steady rise in revenue; Consideration of the ability to pack its broadband pipe with a host of...
- B&C INDICES. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p4
Provides information on the financial performance of the broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. for the week of April 2-7, 2004.
- Look Behind the Numbers. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p8
Discusses the financial conditions of the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Recovery of the national advertising market; Factors that cause the weakness of the local advertising market; Performance of cable television companies.
- Outdoor Goes It Alone in Quest for Subscribers. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p44
Focuses on the search of Outdoor Channel for a partner in its cable television operation. Focus of the subscribers of DirecTV; Competition between Outdoor Channel and Outdoor Life Network; Revenue generated by Outdoor Channel in 2001.
- TV AND CABLE PRODUCTION CHART. // Daily Variety;3/31/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 66, p6
Lists television and cable production companies in the United States. Atlas Media; Barn Productions; Big Ticket Television; Black Entertainment Television; Comedy Central; Court TV; David E. Kelly Productions; E! Entertainment Television; Everwood Utah; Fremantlemedia; Girl Group Co.
- Nets' 3Q Scatter Getting Scarce. Grillo, Jean Bergantini // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p22
John Muszynski, EVP/chief broadcast investment officer, Starcom Worldwide, says most of his scatter deals are done, with both broadcast and cable taking advantage of short supplies. Tim Spengler, EVP/director of national broadcast, Initiative Media, agrees. New scripted summer series reportedly...
- MONITOR. Spangler, Todd; Steinert-Threlked, Tom; Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
The article discusses the effort of cable industry for the modification of its television advertising as commmercial interruptions flies over the airwaves in New Orleans, Louisiana. It also presents a forecast on financial performance of the National cable networks. It mentions the Project...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...