A Workman's View from Tech Trenches
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 6, p59
Presents news briefs about cable television networks in the United States as of June 26, 2000. Details on the release of the television series `Nero Wolfe' from A&E network; Information on the television program `The Last Debate' which is based on the novel of Jim Lehrer released in Showtime...
- Itch to ditch niche makes very few rich. Schneider, Michael; Bernstein, Paula // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, p46
Looks at several cable television channels in the United States that have rebranded and revamped their mission. Difficulties experienced by the Family Channel in transforming itself into Fox Family Channel; Origin of business news channel CNBC; History of the E! channel.
- Cohen Brings Personality to Local Stations. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 29, p22
Profiles Bruno Cohen, president and general manager at KMAX, a UPN cable television station based in Sacramento, California. Educational and career background of Cohen; Contributions of Cohen to the station. INSET: BRUNO COHEN.
- Disney hits Mexico TV. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;08/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 45, p11
Reports on the availability of Disney Channel Latam on Mexico City cabler Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Azteca adds Reno to affils. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;11/5/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 46, p10
Focuses on the selection of KUVR Channel 68 as the second affiliate of Azteca America in Mexico City, Mexico. Comparison between the products of Azteca anf Televisa; Plan of Azteca to go coast to coast.
- India's New B4U Takes 1st Place. Bhushan, Nyay // Billboard;09/02/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 36, p57
Discusses the success of Indian television channel B4U Music as of September, 2000. Percentage of viewers for the network in comparison with other networks; Competition with the networks Zee Music and MTV India; Content of the network which airs Hindi film songs.
- College channel claims 1M viewers. // Electronic Education Report;05/13/98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the total viewers Channel One Networks's College Channel unit has acquired within two years of operation. Factors that enhanced the popularity of College Channel; Viewership of the channel's videotape-based series; Sponsorship of the College Channel.
- More news at 10 in D.C. J.S.E. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 16, p28
Reports that Paramount owned WDCA-TV in Washington, D.C., will launch a newscast to be produced by ALLNEWSCO.
- WAV-TV's cable wave splashes on American. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/27/95, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p10A
Focuses on the demand by executives of WAV-TV Channel 53 before the Marion County Cable Franchise Board of Indiana that their low-power station be carried by American Cablevision. Previous attempts to persuade American Cablevision executives to carry the station; American Cablevision's...