FTC Member Backs Muni Broadband
- FTC mulls 'do not track' Internet list. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/29/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 90, p12
The article reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to reconsider its do not track list for online advertising, which is similar to its do not call list for telemarketers, according to agency's chairman Jon Leibowitz in the U.S.
- FTC to point finger of shame at adware users. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;12/5/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 49, p4
This article reports on the warning issued by U.S. Federal Trade Commissioner Jon Leibowitz to marketers using adware as of December 2005. Leibowitz called adware a serious problem for average consumers that affects tens of millions of Americans. He said marketers need to follow their instinct...
- FTC guide helps cities decide how to deploy muni Wi-Fi. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p16
The article reports on the issuance of a guide by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for municipalities considering wireless broadband. It identifies a range of operating models that reduce competitive risks while achieving benefits from increased broadband access. Jon Leibowitz,...
- Chairman Leibowitz expected to step down after November election. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;10/4/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 120, p10
The article offers information on Jon Leibowitz, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), who is likely to resign after the country's presidential election 2012.
- Leibowitz Backs FCC Moves. Liebowitz, Jon // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p11
An interview with U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Chiarman Jon Leibowitz is presented in which he discusses the reclassification of broadband under Title II by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), his remarks about the behavioral marketing, and the action taken by the FTC on the...
- Trade Nanny. Suderman, Peter // Reason;Jul2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the campaign of Jon Leibowitz, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), to strengthen the agency's authority, enhance the prosecutorial power and ability to issue new rules.
- President Obama Picks New Trade Commission Chairman. HITTINGER, CARL W.; ESPOSITO, LESLI C. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q2, following p07
The article announces the selection of Jon Leibowitz as chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
- C Spire reveals finalists for "get fiber first" challenge--brings Fiber to the Home deployment one step closer to reality. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;11/8/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p6
The article announces the nine cities in Mississippi that will be finalist for C Spire's Call-To-Action and Joined the Race to Make 1 Gigabit Internet Access Available To Their Residents. The finalists in the initial phase of this broadband initiative are Batesville, Clinton, Corinth,...
- Keep pace, or lose the gigabit race. Campanelli, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p0008
The article reports that Internet-related product and service provider Google chose Kansas City, Missouri as the test site for its ultra-high-speed Internet, Google Fiber. Topics discussed include the efforts of several U.S. cities to attract Google and its service which offers online speeds of...